Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting in tweed

Re: Hunting in tweed

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    I'm thinking buckskin & moccasins are more appropriate around these here parts. Pioneers, settlers & voyageurs were hardly gentlemen even though many came from the old country! They were badass. No man bun required either.... Up in the Monashees my Goretex blue coat from the air force, camo snowboard pants, & fur lined mukluks hand made by my ex wife are just the ticket. Tweed would be pretty useless on a day like this.

P.S. note to self, the deer have all left for lower ground!
    You are not likely to see deer if you wear blue. The only color they can see and they don't like it. And did you try going down hill in those moccasins? Slippery as shit in snow and you feel every pebble when there is no snow.
    I think Roderick Haig-Brown wore tweed when fishing.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Re: Hunting in tweed

Although tweed's used for winter trench coats, I definitely wouldn't be wearing tweed for hunting in the snow. Wool/tweed is water resistant, but not waterproof (in which conditions I'd be bringing out the Kuiu/Helly Hansen).

If anyone does hunt in BC in tweeds, what part of the season do you do it in? Does it work decent in the rain? And what kind of care does it need after a bit of mud/dirt?

Price-wise, a UK company called Game Technical Apparel sells the whole set (pants, jacket, waistcoat) for around $250 CAD which is super reasonable. I think curiosity is getting the better of me, $250 to try it (and also have some duds to just wear to the range) seems worthwhile.

Wild one, I'm thinking you should make that g-string and camo paint offer to some folks going for a fox hunt in the UK, I feel like they'd be incredible receptive.