Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In a bind for a butcher in the LML

Re: In a bind for a butcher in the LML

Quote Originally Posted by sparkes3 View Post
    Try Gord’s in chilliwack
    Gord quit cutting game a couple of years ago. To bad,he was the best butcher i ever had cut game for me. Price was right to.
    Apparently only doing Beef now

There's also Ennis Meats in Langley. I have no idea if they're full or not. In a pinch you can go to an ice rink and fill up your pickup with ice shavings. That'll keep your deer cold.

I have only had good experiences with Sumas Meats with Ulie and his, now passed, father.
    "How, given the canine teeth and close-set eyes that declare the human animal to be a predator, had we come up with the notion that oat bran is more natural to eat than chicken?" Valerie Martin, The Great Divorce

Meadow's Meats in Pitt Meadows did some wicked stuff for me. I'd use them again if ever I can't do my own.

Tell him not to be a pussy all his life and do it him self. Once you do one it’s a eureka moment. The German deli on alexander in chwk can do the burger and ssg afterwards.

This is the video that paved the way for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQtfNMyWZaE

DO IT

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    Hmmmm - appears like a bit of a Troll comment (IMO), care to elaborate?
    Used Sumas many times and know lots of other guys who also use them and have good history.
    Sumas is hit and miss. I have had it both ways there. Hard to find a food meat cutter in the valley anymore. I find myself processing my own more frequently.

Word of advise:

If you are going to butcher the deer yourself, make sure you adjust the height of your table to about or above your hip line. I butchered a deer this week and my back was complaining at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Hey all,

A friend of ours got a beautiful buck down this weekend and is having trouble locating a butcher that isn't full. I recommended Ullie with Sumas from my own personal experience but unfortunately he's full and can't take it until Thursday.

He's worried about the temps and I don't think his garage is the coolest..

Can anyone recommend another butcher? He's in Chilliwack but I'm sure given the situation he'd be more than willing to travel.

Thanks so much in advance!

I had some meat done there at Sumas meats .... never again. They are nice folks that work there, but the place is an absolute pig sty. The whole shop is on some kind of mud pit with blood and mud everywhere. On top of that the pepperoni sucked so never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    Word of advise:

If you are going to butcher the deer yourself, make sure you adjust the height of your table to about or above your hip line. I butchered a deer this week and my back was complaining at times.
    Yes great advice. I have wood blocks i put under the table legs to make it a comfortable height.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Worst case scenario debone it yourself, freeze it. You can make it into different sausage later.