Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In a bind for a butcher in the LML

Re: In a bind for a butcher in the LML

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    Country meadows in pit meadows is awesome. Do a fantastic job
    They were full on Friday 😬
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone!

Mission meat shop, up Stave lake road

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    There was a cooler down in matsqui that you can hang it. Havent used it in 2 years not sure if there still there. Paige creek cooler? Something like that. For deer i would just quarter it and put in a fridge or freezer and butcher myself once i have time. Its really easy
    Yup Page Creek coolers is still up and running.

2 saw horses, a sheet of plywood and 3 layers of 6 mil plastic bleach it all down and cut the deer up. 6 hours and it is in the freezer. We buy meat wrapping paper at presidents choice or whole sale foods. 3 rolls of masking tape. Save the fatless trim and other bits for sausage meat to be taken to a butcher to be made into whatever. Or buy a grinder with the money you saved and try making your own sausage or patties. I butcher the deer and my wife wraps it. 100's of recipe's for sausage on the internet. Even video's of butchering deer. I have butchered 5 deer, 4 moose, 2 pigs and 2 beef cows. It's not rocket science.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Sport city butchers does a good job. They are in Surrey.

I'd have to echo those that say do it yourself.

My wife and I have been doing it since 1975 when we were first married. Thousands of pounds of wild meat have gone across our kitchen tables in the last 44 years. As tigrr says, it's not rocket science.

I had a meat cut chart in an old Five Roses Flour cook book, and I remember being told once that butchers use lamb cutting methods for venison, but looking at the chart, many cuts are made with a band saw.

We don't have any fancy tools, just a kitchen knife and my selection of hunting knives. Oh yeah, I have to admit I have a meat saw now. That's great for slicing the ribs into strips for roasting.

Basically you take the meat off the bones and if it looks like a roast, cut it to shape and wrap it, looks like stew meat, cut it up, etc. We just started cutting it by guess and by gosh and have refined the technique over the years. We used to use hand grinders but eventually sprung for a Canadian Tire grinder. Wore that one out and are into the second now. We've done many deer, numerous bears, half a Roosevelt elk twice and once a whole Roosevelt elk cow.

It's probably too late for your friend to gear up this time around, that deer's gotta get cut up right now, but for next time I'd recommend the diy method.

As others have said as well, there are plenty of videos you can watch on Youtube now.

Hmmmm - appears like a bit of a Troll comment (IMO), care to elaborate?
    Used Sumas many times and know lots of other guys who also use them and have good history.
    Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmmm steer clear of Sumas meats....imo
    congrads on the deer.
    Steven

Your comment is complete bulls hat
    Steven is the exact opposite of a troll
    he has helped more people on this site than anyone els that's a fact
    if you care to go through his post you will see why he has a problem with Sumas
    I personally have not experienced a problem with Sumas but Steven has and is passing it on

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    Dressed to grill in mission. Get some berg pepperoni made. Can’t beat it
    I second the recommendation...great place