Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: are you seeing deer this year

Re: are you seeing deer this year

Only been out hunting mulies twice this year, but first day saw 20+ and second day was about 12. Those were both only half day hunts. Typical numbers for my spots.

Saw 9 bucks in 6 hunts of varying size. Wife shot a nice 4pt. Nothing for me since then....no sign at all. Guess they moved out.

I've seen more game this year so far than I have in the past of yours

Region 4 WK. 13 days hunting and 2 WT spotted and zero MD. Some kind of dreadful here. No tracks in week old snow as well. Very concerning...
    Live to Hunt...

Seeing ok numbers of WT, including one nice buck that I had to,pass on as the shot was not a high percentage shot.. decent numbers of MD, one less as it's in my freezer...no elk but some elk sign..lots of moose, including one nice bull...a few bears including one hog from several Km away last light that wouldn't show up the next day even with distress calls..

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    Region 4 WK. 13 days hunting and 2 WT spotted and zero MD. Some kind of dreadful here. No tracks in week old snow as well. Very concerning...
    Ya might want to move areas, they're around. What area ya hunting?

I'm no biologist but are moose pops on the up in reg 8 ? I hve been out in 4 and 8 seeing multiple cow calfs with one set of twins... a couple bullets and 1dry cow ... seems promising. The deer may be a bit on the short side but it seems about the same as the past few years I have seen my fare share of muleys and whiteys. Bucks and does. Mind you I have not hunted as hard more drives due to taking my 3 month old out on most outings ��

Curious of people not seeing deer are road hunting or walking in a few hundred yards.

October =christmas tree's, sub alpine timber, old growth timber.Clear cuts not so much.Lots of immature bucks around region 3 and 8 ,good winter and lush spring good survival.

Could have taken a bunch of small WT bucks last week in the EK.
    (if you want bigger boys you have to hunt where they are and I wasn't targeting them at this time).
    Some will be glad to hear we left the population alone and left WT tags unfilled but could have had them clipped in 2 days.