Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: are you seeing deer this year

Re: are you seeing deer this year

Yes, seeing lots. Lots of bucks, lots of does - more than last year. Region 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizz View Post
    Yes, seeing lots. Lots of bucks, lots of does - more than last year. Region 8.
    I'm also hearing more gunshots in the distance than last year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveforthehunt View Post
    I'm no biologist but are moose pops on the up in reg 8 ? I hve been out in 4 and 8 seeing multiple cow calfs with one set of twins... a couple bullets and 1dry cow ... seems promising. The deer may be a bit on the short side but it seems about the same as the past few years I have seen my fare share of muleys and whiteys. Bucks and does. Mind you I have not hunted as hard more drives due to taking my 3 month old out on most outings 😅
    From the last ungulate population assessment, I believe our biologists thought that their pops in region 8 is steady..

hmmmm, No.

I went out hunting Deer for the first time this year for 3 days last weekend.

Ran into a property owner near where I hunt. Said it was 2 weeks early.

Did find some fresh sign. Then happened upon a group of three bedded Bucks grunting back and forth on a bench!

They have it down. In the thick with an escape route. Almost impossible not to get busted.

I got busted, ugh, again..

8-4
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

region 3.....Where I have been perusing (working),, previously has been an exellent Mule deer area, not very much for game at all, surprising and abit disturbing really. I heard of wolves being seen chasing game in the area, I have been out everyday for a month and a half and I never saw an animal until a small buck and doe stepped out near where I was working, so I managed to shoot a small buck.
    Other hunters I run into in the area say the same, the game is pretty thin for a once rich area....I only saw 3 groups of hunters the entire time in the area.

So, I talked to the local butcher in a town in the EK.
    In a nutshell:

He had more Elk in by September 30th of this season then all of last season.
    Also, same went for deer.
    Moose was consistent and has been for some time.

What I can tell you, if you are going to the EK, get a "bear tag"...or 2!!!!
    He said they are all over the place.
    It's nice to see that bears are well and so plentiful.
    In all the years I have gone up there, I have never seen the Columbia Valley so green at this time of year.
    Rosehips all over, and not just oval in shape, but round and almost ready to burst!
    Grouse was about average from other years.

The thing is, if next spring is crappy and the berry season is not good, there are going to be some sickly bears walking around next season.
    IMO, too many to be supported and I have never seen so many in such a short time.
    I guess the logging has benefitted the wolves and the bears best!?

Talking to others about elk, they had seen more elk this year then the past 5 years combined.
    BUT, they agree, the past 5 years were miserable and the elk sightings are still far from stellar!!

Did see MD, however they were close to towns!!...lol.
    Mind you, I didn't target them while hunting so it is not fair to say how they are doing from my point.
    WT seemed to be a little better, mind you, we had a lot of new logging in the area which generally benefits them the most and seeing
    them.

Yep he is hanging in my shop as we speak!

Quote Originally Posted by ncurrie View Post
    Yep he is hanging in my shop as we speak!
    You know the drill.

Pics or it didn't happen
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Yes. But none with antlers yet.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.