Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolf Reduction 5 year study

Re: Wolf Reduction 5 year study

I have a couple buddy’s in South Africa that cull Jackals at night, their set ups are impressive and the results just as impressive. From what I’ve seen this would work for wolves here and be very effective.

A road killed moose and some willows with a few paths in to moose. Snares can get 5 out of 6. 4 have moved back in. Rarely see them in day light.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

This report should get more attention. Lots of hunters think you can help populations by shooting a wolf but it’s pretty clear you need to go big or... and very interesting that there has not been much increase in moose in the area despite a high removal of wolves over almost five years.

Also give credit to a few hardworking government staff like Mike Bridger and Chris Addison who did the grunt work to make this work. Those bios need support as they get roasted pretty frequently.

Also this is now endorsed by both political parties so likely to continue for at least five more years. Proposal now to expand to other places.

i really don't see all that many wolfs during the day
    maybe less than 10 and i spend some time in the bush
    but i believe there are lots of them out there
    think thats why iam not seeing deer like i used too