Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A couple clips from the goat cam

Re: A couple clips from the goat cam

Quote Originally Posted by Knute View Post
    Looks like a healthy herd you've found there.

Just wondering if the ice is the cause of the careful walk by at 1:40 in the compilation or is there a slight injury?
    I kinda think he had a lame hoof or leg maybe. I do have other videos of him walking just fine though. This was just after their rut, so I can see him being a little tender lol.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    A little compilation I put together today

https://youtu.be/XnuaF-7GuxM
    So cool man.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Wow... rare to see trailcams taking in such an amazing view. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Wow... rare to see trailcams taking in such an amazing view. Great job!
    Thanks a bunch! I’ll be resetting the batteries and sd’s in the next few weeks here, hoping to get some good goat rut material again this year .

Just in the mail, I was awarded a nice new SG de havilland jacket from the goat alliance, for contributing my material to the B.C. citizen science survey on goats and sheep, happy camper!

Classy move on the part of RMGA
    Did you have a report to fill out, or just anecdotal details and pics?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Great Videos!!!!! Enjoyed looking at them1

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Classy move on the part of RMGA
    Did you have a report to fill out, or just anecdotal details and pics?
    If I’m not mistaken, the survey is to record when and where goats and sheep are having their babies in the spring, and over time, hopefully be able to understand if those areas/dates are changing, due to world issues, logging, recreation, climate change exc.

There in an app to fill out reports, it asks how many adults, how many babies, the date and location, and if goats or sheep. All recordings are welcome (males too), but I believe it is to target the females and babies more so. The app is called Survey123 on my phone, I don’t recall if that’s the exact name it not.

Another if I’m not mistaken, but I believe it is the BC wildlife biologists that initiated the survey, RMGA and WSSBC both put on a contest on the Instagram and awarded a bit of swag for a few participants, fortunately I should be receiving a wild sheep society of BC hoody as well .

A couple great outfits doing great things.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, the survey is to record when and where goats and sheep are having their babies in the spring, and over time, hopefully be able to understand if those areas/dates are changing, due to world issues, logging, recreation, climate change exc.

There in an app to fill out reports, it asks how many adults, how many babies, the date and location, and if goats or sheep. All recordings are welcome (males too), but I believe it is to target the females and babies more so. The app is called Survey123 on my phone, I don’t recall if that’s the exact name it not.

Another if I’m not mistaken, but I believe it is the BC wildlife biologists that initiated the survey, RMGA and WSSBC both put on a contest on the Instagram and awarded a bit of swag for a few participants, fortunately I should be receiving a wild sheep society of BC hoody as well .

A couple great outfits doing great things.
    Wow! Once again awesome job. We need more of this kind of thing. Biologists are few and far between and stretched thin at that. They need data. Data makes the world go round.

The swag is a cool bonus too. Good on the RMGA and WSSBC. I am going to look into memberships there.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Wow! Once again awesome job. We need more of this kind of thing. Biologists are few and far between and stretched thin at that. They need data. Data makes the world go round.

The swag is a cool bonus too. Good on the RMGA and WSSBC. I am going to look into memberships there.
    100% agree, both parties make a big difference, we are lucky to have such folks. I actually just went life member with RMGA, WSSBC will be next

I do know the RMGA was looking for a few BC residence to act as regional representatives in helping and organizing local conservation efforts, working with wildlife biologists and wildlife managers. They may be USA based, but they certainly are putting in good time here in BC as well. I wish my schedule wasn’t so hectic, I sure would enjoy helping in such a way, even if it is all volunteer.

Another one to check out is the Northern Wild Sheep and Goat Council
    Their annual symposium was slated for Canmore this year, not sure what is happening
    nwsgc.org
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole