Thread: Time for me to shamelessly ask for honey holes :D

Time for me to shamelessly ask for honey holes :D

So now that we have done our deed for the year and filled our four bear tags, it’s onto other things for this duo of rookie hunters..

I do my best to help inquiring minds whom come to my neck of the woods and hunt, albeit I can’t help everyone.. anyways now that people are being successful here there are clearly no animals left in zone 3, so to solve that problem my hunting partner and myself took Wednesday-Tuesday off, and are armed with white tail, mule deer and elk tags, we can not decide if we should go to eastern zone 8, or somewhere in southern zone 4?

we have all essential gear to hunt any of the aforementioned game, 4x4 and a toy hauler with more ground clearance than the truck, the dream would be to connect with a bull elk, but more realistically we are hoping for a white tail buck each and maybe a turkey if we are real lucky ?

Where would any of you folks recommend ?! I’ll take exact GPS coordinates of honey holes but also open to general WMU or town suggestions as a starting point, we are open to driving or hiking, not unheard of for us to cover 20km in a day, mind you that’s without full packs.

This is my first attempt at this online courting thing so be gentle guys!

a member on here a few weeks ago offered to meet up for a ride and go hunt elk in a spot he knew, unfortunately I was unable to re arrange my schedule to accommodate and I’ve been kicking myself ever since.. even if I don’t see an elk, I just have to hunt where they are.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Time for me to shamelessly ask for honey holes :D

Seen a bear in Region 2 this morning I could put you onto LOL j/k

Late season valley bottom bear. I think I was just as surprised as he was. Watched him for a good 3 mins at 15 yards. Sooo tempting. He was just munching away and would look at me over his shoulder once in a while like he knew I wasn't going to do anything.. kinda weird.

(I'd offer to help, but I can't even find a buck or anything other than bears to save my life)
    Last edited by caddisguy; 10-06-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Seen a bear in Region 2 this morning I could put you onto LOL j/k

Late season valley bottom bear. I think I was just as surprised as he was. Watched him for a good 3 mins at 15 yards. Sooo tempting.
    We actually just filled the last tag today on a nice brown phase doing what we thought was eating rose hip, upon inspection we come to find out it was a good thing we harvested her, some real class acts had shot her 3 times recently with what looked like .22... one lodged in shoulder, one in the hip and one through the ribs.. she had a completely empty stomach upon inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    We actually just filled the last tag today on a nice brown phase doing what we thought was eating rose hip, upon inspection we come to find out it was a good thing we harvested her, some real class acts had shot her 3 times recently with what looked like .22... one lodged in shoulder, one in the hip and one through the ribs.. she had a completely empty stomach upon inspection.
    Holy crap. Not a huge fan of bears, but no animal deserves that. Idiots. Good you took it. Yesterday I shot a grouse that went road runner into the brushes and then took off. Took me an hour but I found it... sadly alive (I have no idea how, #6 in the head and 3 in the breast) ... it's all about respect.

Anyway sorry for the troll / derail. Wish I could help.

PM inbound...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Four replies.....384 reads!!

Looks like many are looking for honey holes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leaseman View Post
    Four replies.....384 reads!!

Looks like many are looking for honey holes!!
    Guess it’s a good thing that my inbox is lighting up instead of this thread.
    One day some of these people will need or want help and may not get it, karma works in funny ways !

much thanks to everyone that has contributed, I have a little better idea of a game plan at this point !

If it were me, I would hit region 4-3. Sure to get a WT and a good shot at Elk as well. May even see a 4 pt Mulie. You never know but that's what I would do if I was going for a week. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Maybe it attacked a small game hunter? Just thinking, i hike alot with my .22 for grouse and rabbits and im always worried about bears.