So now that we have done our deed for the year and filled our four bear tags, it’s onto other things for this duo of rookie hunters..

I do my best to help inquiring minds whom come to my neck of the woods and hunt, albeit I can’t help everyone.. anyways now that people are being successful here there are clearly no animals left in zone 3, so to solve that problem my hunting partner and myself took Wednesday-Tuesday off, and are armed with white tail, mule deer and elk tags, we can not decide if we should go to eastern zone 8, or somewhere in southern zone 4?

we have all essential gear to hunt any of the aforementioned game, 4x4 and a toy hauler with more ground clearance than the truck, the dream would be to connect with a bull elk, but more realistically we are hoping for a white tail buck each and maybe a turkey if we are real lucky ?

Where would any of you folks recommend ?! I’ll take exact GPS coordinates of honey holes but also open to general WMU or town suggestions as a starting point, we are open to driving or hiking, not unheard of for us to cover 20km in a day, mind you that’s without full packs.

This is my first attempt at this online courting thing so be gentle guys!

a member on here a few weeks ago offered to meet up for a ride and go hunt elk in a spot he knew, unfortunately I was unable to re arrange my schedule to accommodate and I’ve been kicking myself ever since.. even if I don’t see an elk, I just have to hunt where they are.