Thread: Heritage Days

Heritage Days

First off, I bucked up for an image host so now I'll post pictures here again this season!

Heritage Days, youth hunt opener, we took out 4 boys. The youngest was a 13 yr old first time duck hunter. The 16 year olds let him take first shot, no disappoints as he nailed the first single and we all have a great memory from the day!
    Boys shot their limit of ducks and added 12 geese, dogs did a great job on their first day out this season. One more weeks wait for the rest of us....

Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Heritage Days

Dano, your pics are always great.

There's some proud young guns in that first pic, dogs by their side, nice to see.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Does your griff or is that a DD have any problems packing the 10+ lb. geese? I got one of the Canada goose dokkens several weeks back and my 2 1/2 year old 48 lb. griff took a bit of time trying to figure out where to take hold. Probably will be easier with the real deal since they're softer than the dense foam of a dokken.

Awesome seeing the young guys getting into it. Great pics.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

He’s my GWP (dad is a DD mom a GWP) and has zero issues w big geese. He LOVES hauling them around! He’s 8 and about 75lbs.
    "Put ear plugs in before you shoot.... its stupid loud if the muzzles in the house! FYI" - SHAKER

Just awesome!!

He's an awesome retriever, handles most of our geese because my dog is smaller and usually finds them and lets Bubba take over the carrying duties. It's for the best, Remi is hard on the geese. Doesn't like to carry them and roughs them up for some reason...., not all of them but too many!

Quote Originally Posted by CRS View Post
    He’s my GWP (dad is a DD mom a GWP) and has zero issues w big geese. He LOVES hauling them around! He’s 8 and about 75lbs.

Our second day was pretty good too. Took out 2 boys and they shot 16 ducks and 6 geese! A very memorable weekend!

Nicely done!! We took a group of 12 kids with 9 mentors to three fields in the Qualicum area. Kids did well! Great to see people taking time to work with youth!