Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen English Pointer puppy

Re: Stolen English Pointer puppy

whatever the story, glad the pup is back home
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

My understanding is the dog was removed from the kennel which was in the truck box? If this is correct you then the owner is lucky to get the dog back. “These idiots don't understand that pets are like children to their loving owners . When you consider this, it's like someone kidnapped a child and”.
    My dog rides in the cab. Loving owners don’t put their dogs in a kennel in the box.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    ... Loving owners don’t put their dogs in a kennel in the box.
    ... bullsh*t

Very serious hunters that run multiple dogs and invest serious money into them - love their dogs dearly... They put them in proper kennels in the box of the truck.

That kind of a statement is ridiculous and judgmental.

My dog wants to be with her people - but she rides in a very nice kennel in the back of my truck. Honestly, it's much safer for her there - although that's not the main reason she's back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    My understanding is the dog was removed from the kennel which was in the truck box? If this is correct you then the owner is lucky to get the dog back. “These idiots don't understand that pets are like children to their loving owners . When you consider this, it's like someone kidnapped a child and”.
    My dog rides in the cab. Loving owners don’t put their dogs in a kennel in the box.
    After a hunt my dog is usually soaked and/or covered in mud so I would never put her in the cab of the truck unless there was a crate inside. I think if I was going to leave the dog for awhile I would take her out of her crate and put her in the cab as long as there was room.

Because I'm a loving owner, I would never travel with an uncrated dog inside or outside the truck. It would be like having your kid in the truck without a seat belt on. The dog wouldn't have a chance if you ever got into an accident. I really haven't looked into a safety harness for my dog,,,,what kind do you have in your vehicle? Do they allow the dog to sleep because that's often what my griff does when we're on 3-4 hour travel trips to our fishing or hunting location.

I think what the owner of the dog should now consider is having a lock on his kennel if he is going to leave his dog in the box unattended. The crate should also be locked up with a chain and lock. A well trained bird dog is just too valuable to allow an easy theft.

How about we make the punishment for theft severe enough to deter it.