Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stalking blunders......

Re: Stalking blunders......

Quote Originally Posted by Xbow View Post
    Heading out with a buddy this am.... of course he is late.....grrrrr.. I do have a bunch of photos to share.

But I cant get them to up load from imgur.... keeps giving me an error... it says there to big...
    Anyone else have this problem?
    try resizing them. Under the column on the right where you select bbc code, there is a box to select size. Large Thumbnail works
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

As I mentioned earlier, patience, patience patience...when I first started bow hunting I came upon
    2 big bucks feeding on a knoll in the center of a select logging slash. They didn't seem to know I
    was close by so I watched and waited until they had made their way over the top to the other side.
    I then mentally flipped a coin as to which side they would head for and then hurried over to that
    base side. I waited for what seemed to be a long time but they didn't appear so I began slowly
    heading toward the backside middle of the knob. Yup, right away I spooked the first what turned
    out to be a dandy 4 point that had been heading right toward me had I waited. Figuring the gig was
    up, I walked out into the open to make my way back and spooked the other one as well. Had I been
    more patient I would have had both of them walk right into my lap so to speak.

We hiked up into 27spot this am...
    We just got in before daylight.
    Wind was right. Although we were a bit late I still felt good.
    I left him and went another 200 meters to my watch.
    The plan was to sit and glass till 8:30.
    Nothing
    Nada
    Zilch
    Lol.

It was a great morning. But the animal movement seemd nonexistent .
    We put a few km on our feet with the same result.
    Were heading back at 3:30 nap time!!!!!!
    Because in a sense, it's the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was because of who we've become. Which is, after all, why we left.

Bernard Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Late for hunting is a sin and 20 lashes

Between the I don’t care too much about taking pics or sharing and the pain in posting pics I gave up trying to post any on this forum
    I like to take pictures for the family... They like to see the animals...
    Posting on this forum is ridiculously hard. With all the technology today it makes me wonder why it isn't easier.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    try resizing them. Under the column on the right where you select bbc code, there is a box to select size. Large Thumbnail works
    I'm using a Samsung tablet .

I can't seem to find a way to resize anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, patience, patience patience...when I first started bow hunting I came upon
    2 big bucks feeding on a knoll in the center of a select logging slash. They didn't seem to know I
    was close by so I watched and waited until they had made their way over the top to the other side.
    I then mentally flipped a coin as to which side they would head for and then hurried over to that
    base side. I waited for what seemed to be a long time but they didn't appear so I began slowly
    heading toward the backside middle of the knob. Yup, right away I spooked the first what turned
    out to be a dandy 4 point that had been heading right toward me had I waited. Figuring the gig was
    up, I walked out into the open to make my way back and spooked the other one as well. Had I been
    more patient I would have had both of them walk right into my lap so to speak.
    I hear ya Big Lew

Patients is a virtue.

This afternoon was much the same as the morning, very quiet.
    I headed to the top south end of the block my buddy bottom north.
    I tried a bit of rattling. I have never had any luck with rattling but try it a few times a season.
    I see deer in this block often. The last time I was here I had seen a spike in the fog.
    So as the afternoon rolled on I was wondering why they seemed to be gone.
    It has gotten colder....
    The vegetation in the block is dying...
    Maybe they have gone nocturnal...
    Its funny what goes threw your head as your sitting in the Bush.
    As I'm walking out I text my buddy to just hike to the road and I'll pick you up.

I'm just about to where my buddy is waiting.....
    I can see him in the headlights and .....
    A big bodied deer goes racing across the road between us.

Well at least there still here I think to myself....

Hopefully I'll see that deer in the morning..

I spent most of yesterday morning exploring the private wood lot.
    My tree stand was still there which was nice. Its approximately 1000 acres.
    I have been set up on the south east corner of the property. The south west corner seems to have a little bit better sign.
    So the trail cams have been moved..

The only thing that died yesterday was a Turkey and various bottles of wine ,beer and whiskey!
    My alarm went off at 5am this morning and I promptly shut it off....
    Lol..

Happy Thanksgiving
    Last edited by Xbow; 10-13-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Because in a sense, it's the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was because of who we've become. Which is, after all, why we left.

Bernard Stevens

https://imgur.com/a/RnY2YYr

Hummm ......
    Only way I can get pics up here....
    I don't know if I can resize on a Samsung galaxy 9 tablet.... ( if someone knows how on a Samsung Galaxy 9 tablet tell me).

Anyways check this guy out.
    He was comming out of a corn field on Oct 2nd...
    He neck was swelling...
    Beautiful high island rack.
    It was completely healed over and he was walking like it still was there
    https://i.imgur.com/rMlmkeH.jpg

It was kinda crazy...
    Last edited by Xbow; 10-14-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Bernard Stevens

https://imgur.com/a/7nAaK1F

Second tree stand chained up

https://imgur.com/a/Io6MKyR

Found this on the way down from 31 spot
    It wasn't there on the way up.
    My vehicle was over 2km away... I never did see the where this person was parked

https://imgur.com/a/uW3DE3V

27 spot spike.....

Bernard Stevens