Thread: Digiscoping

Digiscoping

Hi Fellas
    Thought I would start another thread here so as not to muddle up the Bino Spotting scope thread I have already posted and because I have made progress on two fronts . Binoculars purchased from Weatherby Fan 8x42 Meoptas Thanks WF !

I also now have a spotting scope coming Penatx PF 65 EDA 20-60x zoom 65mm objective lens. Thanks for the heads up Elkaddicit !

So now the questions . What do you guys do for Digiscoping .

#1 I saw this device called PhoneSkope are they any good with an I Phone .

#2 What about a dedicated adapter so you can use a DSLR . My partner has a Cannon .
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Digiscoping

The phone scopes are a good unit but I found them to specific, by that I mean you need to plug in your optical device and the phone you have to get the right unit. If you change phones in time like we all do you may need a new phoneskope?

I recently bought a Vortex Diamondback and have an A8 Samsung. I ended up with a https://www.amazon.com/Gosky-Telesco.../dp/B07CNL85TT

If you go this route make sure you get the right size, I got the small one not thinking and was lucky to sell it here as it was too small for the eyepiece on the spotter. Only 1 trip with it thus far but it's been well worth the money!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Great choice on the Pentax, I often regret spending a bunch of money on my swarvo, my Pentax is right up there with it.

I used a phone scope adapter and my iPhone with my Pentax and ended up with good photos. Phone scope makes two eye piece adaptors, one that is eye piece specific, and another that’s adjustable. I find the adjustable one pretty finicky to get set up and staying in place, but it does work with pretty much all optic eye pieces.

Iv always wanted to try a dslr setup, so will be following this thread.

I have a scope cover (Pentax brand) and the phone scope eye piece for the 65ED that I don’t need, if your interested, feel free to shoot me a pm AL.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    The phone scopes are a good unit but I found them to specific, by that I mean you need to plug in your optical device and the phone you have to get the right unit. If you change phones in time like we all do you may need a new phoneskope?

I recently bought a Vortex Diamondback and have an A8 Samsung. I ended up with a https://www.amazon.com/Gosky-Telesco.../dp/B07CNL85TT

If you go this route make sure you get the right size, I got the small one not thinking and was lucky to sell it here as it was too small for the eyepiece on the spotter. Only 1 trip with it thus far but it's been well worth the money!
    Thanks for the link Steelco !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Great choice on the Pentax, I often regret spending a bunch of money on my swarvo, my Pentax is right up there with it.

I used a phone scope adapter and my iPhone with my Pentax and ended up with good photos. Phone scope makes two eye piece adaptors, one that is eye piece specific, and another that’s adjustable. I find the adjustable one pretty finicky to get set up and staying in place, but it does work with pretty much all optic eye pieces.

Iv always wanted to try a dslr setup, so will be following this thread.

I have a scope cover (Pentax brand) and the phone scope eye piece for the 65ED that I don’t need, if your interested, feel free to shoot me a pm AL.

Cheers.
    Thanks for the info Decker 9 . I’m pretty sure the scope comes with case/cover . Will let you know on the eyepiece
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

I use a canon S90 and a SW DCB and a 20 x 60 SW HD Scope and stand . its a ART for sure takes lots of time to set up the right shot and settings lots info on the BirdForum
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Thanks for the tip will check out the bird forum Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER View Post
    I use a canon S90 and a SW DCB and a 20 x 60 SW HD Scope and stand . its a ART for sure takes lots of time to set up the right shot and settings lots info on the BirdForum