Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
Went from counting bears to counting ounces, calories and days...
Oh yeah did I mention, myself, C-Man, My brother and Beer-Radimus got our sheep draws for up north. Without dragging it out, Beer-Radimus dropped out early, which was nice instead of cancelling at the last minute. I had an idea of where I wanted to go.

There was 'Lake A' which is not a secret, we could set up a pretty good base, hike 4-8 hours (one guy says he did it in 4 with his 5 year old, another guy says him and his buddy slugged away all day... I don't really know) to sheep country. There's for sure sheep there, but everyone knows that and there would be some competition.

There was also 'Lake B' which puts you right in sheep country and everyone knows that. So we knew it would be busy as shit. None the less C-Man started in talks to book a plane with Alpine Lakes air. Now I knew we would be limited on weight, I run 6'2" and 210-215lbs... C-man was at 6' maybe 6'1" and running 220... then my brother... 6'9" 250lbs. Just in bodies alone we're at 680lbs...

C-man came back to the group and said there was 'Lake C'. I didn't think of Lake C because I thought the guides had an exclusive on it. Start doing research on Lake C. Don't find much info on Lake C. No info means the usual, it's a Serengeti, there's nothing there or no one ever goes there. The info I did find on Lake C was "seen some goats and caribou, fishing is good too". C-man talked to someone who apparently guided in there 10 years ago or so...

Gave my little cousin a ride in my backpack, he was scared to go in at first, but after he was in there he didn't want out.