Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Getting Up To Speed (Pic Heavy)

Re: 2019 Getting Up To Speed (Pic Heavy)

Great thread Warren..very enjoyable reading, photos..successful too.
    good luck be safe
    Yes that buck does wander down to your Grandmas too.
    Cheers
    Steven

Great thread congrats to you and B Rad on the moose..

Really liked all your hunting adventures with friends. Thanks for posting up the hunts and the great pics.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I hope the weather gods are terrible... not my goat draw. I'm just a sherpa... a certain Sherpa was even smart enough to head south... but yeah I hope weather is terrible, good weather and big goats don't go hand in hand
    That last sentence nails it hahaha, great thread here bud! Keep up the good work, and good luck on the goat’n!! Can’t wait to see what you guys turn up!

You bugger.. your thread kicks my daily diaries ass with all of the pics... but quite happy to be in second place.. thus is a great picture/verbal story of your year
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Hmmm really no surprise to see Warren /Lance do so well yet again...they come from hunting heritage..their Father is still a kick ass hard core hunter...very knowledgable..and raisefd his sons in the outdoors..fishing..hunting woodswise..as was their Grandpa..Ed..who taught me also lots of outdoors skills knowledge..salmon fishing the Bella Coola, Atnarko..mushroom picking..places to find color phased black bears..etc

Additionally these men have their priorities in order..not so interested in the next $$$$..but living a full productive enjoyable life...and when you do what you love..you tend to excell...as another years photos demonstrate..
    Im not a betting man..however if I was I would not give this winters goats much chances against these two.
    Good luck guys.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Great thread, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm really no surprise to see Warren /Lance do so well yet again...they come from hunting heritage..their Father is still a kick ass hard core hunter...very knowledgable..and raisefd his sons in the outdoors..fishing..hunting woodswise..as was their Grandpa..Ed..who taught me also lots of outdoors skills knowledge..salmon fishing the Bella Coola, Atnarko..mushroom picking..places to find color phased black bears..etc

Additionally these men have their priorities in order..not so interested in the next $$$$..but living a full productive enjoyable life...and when you do what you love..you tend to excell...as another years photos demonstrate..
    Im not a betting man..however if I was I would not give this winters goats much chances against these two.
    Good luck guys.
    Cheers
    Srupp
    Nice way to grow up. Unfortunately my father was a lawyer who liked golf. I’ve had to try to figure this all out on my own, and started hunting in my late 40s. Luckily I at least spent my younger years mountaineering and climbing, so I have tons of bush time. I seem to be able to find animals, just nothing legal so far...

Its nice to see some success stories here!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

So Friday the 11th rolled around. Everyone at worked rolled out early... except me. I got to leave half hour early. Then it was off to Mrs. Dikes for supper with the step mother. I wanted to get going and inhaled my wings. Made up a playlist to jam on the drive up. Got some Crue, Leppard, Maiden, Metallic, Ozzy/Sabbath, Meatloaf in there and I had to toss in some of my favourite bands like Linkin Park, Godsmack, Mudvayne, Trivium, Black Label Society. Plus some other classics like Boston, Kansas, Trooper, Loverboy and some other stuff like Airbourne, WASP, Wheeler Walker Jr, Baroness, Gojira, Steel Panther, Alter Bridge... I think my dad was enjoying his old days, plus experiencing some stuff that he doesn't really give a chance. I think my step mom keeps him with... well I dunno, probably stuff he pretends to enjoy to like because she likes it? I think that's what dudes are suppose to do with women, pretend to enjoy stuff they don't actually enjoy? I dunno... The only part I realized I screwed up is he doesn't like covers, even though every cover of PhilCollins is a better version of Phil Collins. Oh well... We were on the road and decided to have a nap on the side of the road just before Hazelton.

The next morning we carried on and made the short drive to our spot to find out there was now a locked gate on the road in to where we wanted to camp. We spent the rest of the day figuring out where it would be best to camp. Sadly the closest best spot was outside of the goat zone.

The next morning I was ready to rock and roll... to find out that my dad still had a day to wait before his goat tag was legit. There was some discussion about that while we spent the day just glassing up goats.

Argument 1 - The tag was bought 8 hours away from the hunting location, argument 1 doesn't play the factor

Argument 2 - I get why you have to wait the 2 days, stops people from spotting a goat while hunting something else, burning to town, buying a goat tag and then probably get on the goat the next morning.

Argument 2B - You know you're going on a goat hunt... friggin get your tag

None the less, the first day would have been spent glassing up goats to see what's where.
    Last edited by warnniklz; 10-21-2019 at 01:42 PM.

It was foggy as it always was, so our plan the night before we could actually touch the trigger on something was to wander into dink mountain and wait. We woke up to a clear sky and decided to wait for daylight to glass it up before crashing. We spotted a nanny and a kid bedded down low, but from our angle there was a lot of the mountain we couldn't see.

After seeing what we say, we decided to stick with the plan and hike in. I swear this trail grows in every year. Bushwhacking into goat country isn't often documented visually... so I went for it. You aren't goat hunting if you don't have thorn in your corn...

Love the camo... white sweat pants are perfect for goat hunting... looks like other goat legs. (I think the newest part of his kit was his pack)