Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rupps 2nd day region 5 deer hunt

Re: Rupps 2nd day region 5 deer hunt

Hmmmm hi Phil...your absolutely correct, again..the deer I harvested in Alberta last year and this one do look like twins..really close..I will post a photo of side by side..
    so we slept in and then completely cut up the entire deer, using the chamber sealer..also did up the trimmings into burger material. .mixed with pork roast ground up and mixed with deer grinds.
    backstrap is seasoned and in the fridge for barbque tomorrow night.
    Phil..it was a wonderful hunt to get this buck...as with all hunts with friends that are successful it will be a treasured memory..however nothing can compare to last years AMAZING ALBERTA ADVENTURE with you and your son Nathan..and other hunts with you..all very special..thank you.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Ya it was a Good time , we should have stuck around at the farm and hunted Whiteys for a few more days though....
    Now its your turn to do a Euro mount on this Buck...Simply skin , remove bottom jaw, slow boil and pressure wash , followed by a Peroxide bath...easy peasey.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Ya it was a Good time , we should have stuck around at the farm and hunted Whiteys for a few more days though....
    Now its your turn to do a Euro mount on this Buck...Simply skin , remove bottom jaw, slow boil and pressure wash , followed by a Peroxide bath...easy peasey.
    Too late Bro...sawzall..lol
    straight shooting..out for bunnies and brown bears and grouse..Detlefs visit ends thursday..
    I might buy a whitetail tag and go use that fancy groundblind ?
    Cheers
    Steven

Nice buck Steven, congrats!!
    Very deserving!
    Blacktailaholic

Way to go on the buck! I like it when a plan comes together!
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat

Nicely done buddy....same area as usual??

Hi to Susan....I am heading off Friday....

Hi Mike...good luck buddy
    no we were out Rosita lake way
    cheers
    steven

Congrats on the buck

I cringe whenever i see someone cut out the antlers. Doing a Euro is so easy and looks way cooler.

Gratuliere zum erfolg!

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Lol yes couple of slices into the back legs, and used my electric boat loader to lift him onto the lowered tailgate...no lifting required. .total distance dragged..zero feet..
    Was looking for a meat buck..got that in spades...big well conditioned body, one shot no meat wasted..
    Total time from shot. .photos. .grellick...load and off home..45 minutes..cancell license too..
    Liver was rinsed and cut. .patted dry and frozen in 4mm chamber sealer bags...last night..doesnt get fresher.
    The body not only was large, fat..hmmmmm but really good tone of flesh..set up really well..used 70 % water..30 % vinigar last night to clean..however cleanest field dressing I can remember. .virtually no blood. .on inside or outside of carcass.
    Knives are sharp, totes are out plus cutting apron..lots of 4mm chamber sealer bags..
    It was unbelievably great day..and having Detlef alongside to witness this whole wonderful adventure..a grouse and bunny day for our dog Ebony closed the season on deer..Sunday..Horsefly for rabbits. .grouse...brown colored black bear...
    My friend Detlef is here ..his wife of 40 years has passed on..this was his attempt to revisit his friends Susan, Steven..cali sheep, brown colored black bears, northern lights, barb que sauce..seeing first rainbow trout, netting some trout..first trout dinner..spotting deer, and Detlef spotted this buck first..good to see him laugh, smile in spite of a crushed heart and empty world .
    And of course every day hunters stopping by on the way to and from hunts.
    Thank you for your kind words .
    Cheers
    Steven