Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rupps 2nd day region 5 deer hunt

Re: Rupps 2nd day region 5 deer hunt

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm thank you all for your kind comments.just home from airport, Detlef is enroute to Vancouver then Germany tommorrow.
    He was well impressed with Canada yet again, Canadians, and our fish and wildlife..especially how tasty our deer are.
    Thanks guys
    Srupp
    Yup, the germans love it here, especially at this time of year.
    Too bad they find it so hard to immigrate here, as many would if they could!

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Yup, the germans love it here, especially at this time of year.
    Too bad they find it so hard to immigrate here, as many would if they could!
    Been here 13 years now
    Best thing we ever did!!

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    My German's a little rusty......."his wifes farts are to die for"?
    Hmmm unfortunate choice of words..completely innocent joke..however Detlef was here because his wife of 40 years died of cancer and he wanted some rest and relief for his mental health. .
    No bad feelings for the innocent joke ..just missed.
    And yes I think he would move here if things were just a bit different in his life at this time .
    The trip was a total success..the 9 # rainbow on fly, and 4 x4 mule deer were merely icing on the cake along with Susans amazing gourmet meals.
    Appreciate all the kind words.
    Cheers
    Srupp

So..have tried the backstrap. .Incredible ! I happen to really love deer meat..best ever was on Alberta hunt..cold..whitetails were on winter wheat ? Absolutely wonderful. ..this year's mule deer was in an area with no alphalpha fields..yet was incredibly fat, marbled throughout..once cooled it set up quick and made butchering easier.have no idea why this buck turned out so well ?
    been far colder since june, lots of rain..means good moisture on his food...showing in high fat content....single shot dropped him , and immediate field dressing, followed by head and hide removed. .washed down with 30 % white vinager / 70 % water..butchered 2 days later after storage in cold garage with some air movement...but thats what I try to do every year.
    No idea why this guy turned out awesome .
    Any suggestions what may make a noticable difference in outcome ?
    thanks, cheers
    Srupp

News Flash !! Kel Called and left a message, He's Killing Lots of Hog's and geese, Seeing lots of Big Whiteys and Muleys ...lol
    He's wondering if were coming back...what should i say....Congratulated me on my Caribou.If only he would come up with some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    News Flash !! Kel Called and left a message, He's Killing Lots of Hog's and geese, Seeing lots of Big Whiteys and Muleys ...lol
    He's wondering if were coming back...what should i say....Congratulated me on my Caribou.If only he would come up with some pictures.
    Hi Phil..I believe him on the big Mulies, whiteys..yaaa im gonna need photos for the hogs..lol
    For what he showed us..he knew his stuff..and the area
    The best deer meat was from your kindness hunter hosting me at Reds place..the early morning whitetail you helped me harvest on the winter wheat ? Hands down best deer meat ever.
    Thank you again Bro.
    Cheers
    Steven

Yes i have to agree , I prefer Whitetail over Mulies as well....especially the little ones i keep ending up with. If i ever get a day off again i hope to get out Bow Hunting.
    Blaze hasn't been able to close the gap or get a decent Body shot of "Ol Tracks"...but im getting more footage of the Muley that got away each year..

Hmmmm decided to enter my mulie in the rod and gun club contest..not that he is the biggest..but there are draws..prizes for entering.
    got ahold of the scorer. .got my paperwork together..and a oh shit moment..lol
    I shot my mulie on Oct 3...my renewal for the rod and gun club membership was due Sept 25...
    Missed it by 8 days..was not a paid up member in good standing at the time of the harvest .
    Embarrassing to say the least..however it saves my buddy from the club from having to measure it..
    Feel very silly. .
    Cheers
    Srupp

First Prize ! You are DUMB ! lol RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    First Prize ! You are DUMB ! lol RJ
    Hmmmmm here I thought no one could make me feel worse than I already was..I was sadly mistaken .
    oh well life goes on except for the deer.
    Srupp