Thread: Plan B

Talking Plan B

Hey guys,

Hope everyone's having an awesome season so far. Love reading the stories - rocksteady, you have done a wicked thread!

Anyway, to make a long story short we are on day 1 of a moose hunt LEH in 711 and my buddy who has the tag has a severe lung infection and most likely will be flying home to Vancouver tomorrow.

So with that said, there are 4 of us still here with vehicles and trailer etc. We are debating heading up for elk/moose in chetwynd or something like that. Not asking for honey holes...I know better ...but some guidance into where might be a good place to start looking? Never been hunting past prince george and we have a week so figure we could go north and try our luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So far my season has been good, got my biggest whitetail to date, I'll post a story about that when we are back home at the end of next week

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Plan B

Google earth swamps, lakes and puddles that do not have road access and come in from down wind. Call and listen. Find as many of these targets as possible and work them until you find good sign, hunt these areas hard.

wow 5 of you one ticket...what was your plan anyway..

Pretty sure chetwynd area is Bow only for moose right now, just so you know.

Double check where you decide to go.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    wow 5 of you one ticket...what was your plan anyway..

2 Guys go one way, 3 go the other, both meet back up with 2 big bulls down.

DUH!

lol or alternatively 1 bull down..
    after cutting 360 packs of meat divided by 5 is 72

should get more meat out of a mature deer than your share 5 ways on a bull..
    best just hunt deer and immys.