Thread: November hunt

November hunt

As with my work schedule hunting time is sporadic and tough to plan. I was to make a decent effort to get a couple days in where it may be a decent distance for a pack out and possibilities of a foot or 2 of snow.
    I am thinking of getting something like a crazy carpet to be able to put around the game harvested if there is one to bring out to make it a touch easier. Do any of you guys have one of these or know where to get one durable enough

2. Site Sponsor

Re: November hunt

The 5' Pelican sled (available at Can Tire) is extremely durable and will pack a lot of meat. With high sides, it's great for deeper snow. I doubt you'd be able to lash anything to a crazy carpet. You could easily fasten eye-bolts onto the rail of the Pelican sled. If you're not in a rush, keep an eye on them as they frequently go on sale at a decent discount.

Crazy Carpets are exactly that. Crazy. It is almost impossible to keep them going where you want. Even a standard old school toboggan would be better, but the sled ‘Jerky mentioned would be a great idea.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...5203p.html#srp

I bought one like this a few years ago. Drilled holes in the side and ran a rope thru sort of daisy chain style. Used it to tote duck decoys. Haven't skidded a deer out with it, but imagine it would work well. Super light and pretty economical.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking_4_Jerky View Post
    The 5' Pelican sled (available at Can Tire) is extremely durable and will pack a lot of meat. With high sides, it's great for deeper snow. I doubt you'd be able to lash anything to a crazy carpet. You could easily fasten eye-bolts onto the rail of the Pelican sled. If you're not in a rush, keep an eye on them as they frequently go on sale at a decent discount.
    Yup.. agreed
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I use a cheap orange sled from peavey mart, works great....any sled would work really, lots of sleds for the ice fishing market....some of them can be pretty heavy on their own, just adds to your load

good thing about a sled is it helps to load the buck into the truck, quick deadlift and slide...in my experience way easier than plywood and come along, or trying to find a nice ditch

crazy carpet works good too, especially if it's thick bush and sled catches on everything, just hauling out the profile of the buck through the nasty shit, slides easier
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

For $14 I think I will just grab one next days off and start putting my gear together
    thanks for all the opinions it is much appreciated
    Last edited by nwalter; 10-03-2019 at 01:50 PM.