Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any buck

Re: Any buck

One year I was hunting first light and didn't see anything. So I came back to my tent for a nap. Woke up around 10 and went for a dump. Took my shotgun with 000 buck for bear protection. You guessed it, a buck wanders in not 30 yards from me squatting. Bang! buck down. You never know when they show up.

Binos are your most important tool (besides rifle/bow). Your binos should be up against your face more than they aren't. Walk slow

walk slow and good luck

Hopefully going to get out another time in October to try and get my first buck as I cant in November... Stupid wisdom teeth.

Well leaving again tomorrow night for the last kick at the can for October, Hopefully run into some deer and fill a moose draw that my cousin has, One things for sure if we get a moose the old dodge dakota is sure gonna have a workout on the way home lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    There seems to be a magic time between 10:00 and 2:00 that deer beg me to shoot them lol

every single one of my deer besides this years white tail and one of last years, have all been between 10-2!!! And I’ve filled all my tags each year, I completely skip morning and hunt 10-dark usually and I am always successful.

darn, no wood to knock on *chuckles*

edit, I will mention every time I have hunted first light, I’m always passing other hunters or have people around, mid day and beyond and most places are vacant ! I’m glad all the boomers only think you can harvest deer before 10am numerous times I’ve been going in at 10 passing people leaving empty handed only to go tag my deer soon after where they just were ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    every single one of my deer besides this years white tail and one of last years, have all been between 10-2!!! And I’ve filled all my tags each year, I completely skip morning and hunt 10-dark usually and I am always successful.

darn, no wood to knock on *chuckles*

edit, I will mention every time I have hunted first light, I’m always passing other hunters or have people around, mid day and beyond and most places are vacant ! I’m glad all the boomers only think you can harvest deer before 10am numerous times I’ve been going in at 10 passing people leaving empty handed only to go tag my deer soon after where they just were ^^
    I have taken a lot of WT, MD and bears mid day probably well over 50%. Moose it’s first light and blacktail it’s last light that have treated me best

In my early twenties I interrupted a lot of mid day naps and lunches bringing deer back to camp before friends and family caught on

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    There seems to be a magic time between 10:00 and 2:00 that deer beg me to shoot them lol
    I second that.....

Get out of your vehicle and walk.
    Keep the wind in your face.
    Never wash your camo with scented detergent.
    Accuracy is more important than power.
    And most importantly. Anywhere, anytime.

Seriously, most people are saying early morning, all but two of my nine (three years of hunting) big game animals have been after 10am. The same applies to the others I hunt with regularly.