Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any buck

Any buck

Hey everyone from hunting BC, I am new to hunting this year I recently passed my CORE test a few weeks ago and am ready to hunt. I have a trip planned in October to try and get a buck hunting in region 3 as well as 5 up near 70 mile house, it is not my first time going to this region as I have been spending time in the summer and winter here for my whole life (18 years) I have also hunted this region a few times when I was able to hunt as a youth, never got a buck but did have a possible chance but he got out of there fairly quickly... but this was years ago, So back to the point of this post I know there are deer there have had people sending us pics of some nice bucks from throughout September, all I'm wondering is if anyone has any tips or anything to help get a buck that would be great, not looking for any secrets by any means... if not even just share some good stories. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any buck

Walk slow. Be hunting before first light and don't quit until it's too dark to see. October will give you your best oppertunity in the first and last hour of daylight. Don't be lazy, get up early. Walk quietly; it's not about covering lots of ground. Good luck

good luck buds

Find some fresh sign where good feed is in some newish blocks and like said get there for first light and sit tight and glass. During the mid day I cover lots of ground and have taken a few mid day. Good luck

Go where others arent. Keep the wind in your face. Walk slow.

Like the others have said, walk slow. Equally important is to frequently stop and scan the area with your binos.

All good points above....additionally, good times to hunt is a bit before a storm, or right after a rainfall can be an awesome time to nail something...

Thanks everyone for the help, definitely will post updates regardless if we get anything or not

Don’t be afraid to hunt areas in the bush that only provide short range visibility. Deer are in the bush 24/7 but they often limit their time feeding in open areas like cut blocks, meadows, and power lines expecially when they can be seen from a road

Some advice I can give any new hunter it’s not about how much ground you cover it’s about maximizing your time where the animals want to be.

When I am talking about where animals want to be don’t think KM think more like meters when picking your spot