Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any buck

Re: Any buck

I’ll just add; make sure to buy a muley tag and a whitetail tag if you’re hunting around 70 Mile.

Also, if hiking isn’t working out for you, consider finding a spot with a bit of visibility and sitting still. As mentioned above, you’ll likely have the most luck at “prime time”, which is sort of the first and last couple hours of shootable light. Good luck
    My Video Camera = Panasonic HDC-SD90

My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/markt308

Look for does, find a lot of them, their feeding zones, where they're probably bedding, they stay of a feed/bed routine even in the rut. Head to those spots in nov, and find em again they'll have bucks coming in like a magnet. Also enjoy the adventure, embrace the bc weather. I have the most fun taking a step a minute though big old growth timber in the pouring rain and howling winds because I feel there's a buck around every corner and all your senses are alert and in tune, that's hunting. Hunt in rain and storms.
    If you are not wet, cold, and have sore legs, you're not blacktail hunting.

I got a white tail and a muley tag so hopefully Ill bump into something, Thanks again everyone for the advice

I might just ad if it is windy and I mean windy its a great time to be out. Wind will take care of your scent and noise. Yes they are a bit spooky but easier to see moving around. I have had great times on windy days. Of course be aware of your surroundings for deadfalls and snags coming down. No long shots either. Best of luck

I was just up in region 3 and where I was I saw probably 80-100 deer in a few hours.. from what i could tell they were mostly does, I only saw one spike and a giant 2 point. The only problem was that there is so much private land where I was and signs that said “please don’t drive on the grass lands”.. am I able to hunt on the grasslands if I am hiking? I know I have bag one on the FSR between the private property and the grasslands. It’s just going to be nice if I can post up on the grasslands to increase my chances on a buck.

if anyone knows if it’s ok can you please send me a message, thanks

only another day until we leave for the hunt, I will let everyone know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by TheTwelve View Post
    I was just up in region 3 and where I was I saw probably 80-100 deer in a few hours.. from what i could tell they were mostly does, I only saw one spike and a giant 2 point. The only problem was that there is so much private land where I was and signs that said “please don’t drive on the grass lands”.. am I able to hunt on the grasslands if I am hiking? I know I have bag one on the FSR between the private property and the grasslands. It’s just going to be nice if I can post up on the grasslands to increase my chances on a buck.

You can hunt on foot in grasslands. They don't want people driving around as the eco-systems there can be sensitive. I'm guessing you are around Douglas Lake?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTwelve View Post

ihunter with private property subscription is your friend. That area is patrolled by security guards and trespassing fines are frequently handed out. So just be aware of your surroundings and don’t drive on the sensitive ecosystem and you should be fine. The aforementioned app has helped me find some GREAT places mostly surrounded by private land near Roche lake and I see legal animals every single time I hike in and it’s only 2.5KM

Quote Originally Posted by Cody66 View Post
    only another day until we leave for the hunt, I will let everyone know how it goes
    Good luck out there Cody!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Don't confine yourself to early mornings and evenings. So many times I'm out and see deer at times when they're not "supposed" to be out.