Thread: 3-32 F Goat LEH

3-32 F Goat LEH

Hi guys,

My uncle has secured a goat draw in 3-32 Zone F. I have hunted the area before in the early season for mulies. Saw a few goats up Taylor and Cinnabar basins but this was a few years ago. I have found a few trails leading up into Eldorado so might give that a go.

A few questions for locals or guys that have had the draw before.

1) How far can you get along Slim Creek FSR? We were thinking of glassing up a few valleys that way before we lace up and commit to hiking into Eldorado or Taylor.

2) Are there any good camping spots up Slim Creek? The majority of my time up that way has been spent on the Mud Creek/Relay Creek area.

3) I know the area had an early snowfall last year late September I think. What is the consensus on early October? We are heading up on the 9th for 6 days.

Feel free to PM me if you have any advice. It would be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-32 F Goat LEH

Pm'd you...

Had a few PM's thank you to those members. Does anyone else have any advice on the area? Heading out next week.

Cheers

We saw a nice billy above Taylor cabin this summer, of course he could be anywhere by now but it was neat to see a nice goat in that area. I hear that Eldorado is the epicenter of goat territory but it sounds like you've had some experience there yourself.

I am unsure how far you can get up Slim Creek FSR but there's a good camping spot at Jewel bridge. It looks like the road deviates away from the LEH zone boundary further west from Jewel bridge so that might be the end of the road for you as it is.

Good luck! Please report back after the hunt so we know how it turned out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampager View Post
    We saw a nice billy above Taylor cabin this summer, of course he could be anywhere by now but it was neat to see a nice goat in that area. I hear that Eldorado is the epicenter of goat territory but it sounds like you've had some experience there yourself.

I am unsure how far you can get up Slim Creek FSR but there's a good camping spot at Jewel bridge. It looks like the road deviates away from the LEH zone boundary further west from Jewel bridge so that might be the end of the road for you as it is.

Good luck! Please report back after the hunt so we know how it turned out!
    Thanks Rampager. I appreciate the info. I was looking at Jewel bridge on google earth. That looked like a good spot. I'm thinking we are going to try and locate a goat from the valley floor for the first day or two and if that doesn't pan out I will have to drag my uncle up into Eldorado.

How did the hunt go? I have the same draw for this year!

Quote Originally Posted by adamsarich09 View Post
    How did the hunt go? I have the same draw for this year!
    I will send you a PM