Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legal SHOOTING hours? Not hunting!

Re: Legal SHOOTING hours? Not hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Big game 1 hr befor sun up and 1 hr after sun down. Water fowl 1/2 hr before, 1/2 hr after.
    Read the original post amigo. I know the hunting regs, just have someone asking me if they can do a scope check by headlight on the way in to a hunt. He lives in the boonies, so why he hasn’t spent 20 mins doing it at home I don’t know. Damn millennials!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Dont think the mexicans were sighting in their ak's... just sayin
    Oh, I’m REAL sure that wasn’t the intent. I used to spend a lot of time in small towns in the middle of nowhere in central Mexico when I dated a lady doctor down there. There was always a lot of automatic gunfire after dark. Those palapa roofs weren’t so romantic when you were thinking about the rounds coming back down!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    I used to compete at a BR match which was held at night and ran all night long. This was in Alberta. GD
    That is cool!
    The World is run by those that show up.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Hunting... 1 hour before sunrise, 1 hour after sunset.

Not hunting.. no regs.. fire away
    Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Read the original post amigo. I know the hunting regs, just have someone asking me if they can do a scope check by headlight on the way in to a hunt. He lives in the boonies, so why he hasn’t spent 20 mins doing it at home I don’t know. Damn millennials!
    I did read the original post, I was clarifying Rocksteady's post referring to 1 hr before and after.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Careless use of firearm, etc.86. (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, uses, carries, handles, ships, transports or stores a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition in a careless manner or without reasonable precautions for the safety of other persons.
    Discharging firearm — recklessness244.2 (1) Every person commits an offence
    (a) who intentionally discharges a firearm into or at a place, knowing that or being reckless as to whether another person is present in the place; or(b) who intentionally discharges a firearm while being reckless as to the life or safety of another person.
    Thinking that not being able to identify one backstop and beyond could be considered careless use.
    Plus why blast away before dawn in an area you would be hunting?
    Last edited by ROY-alty33; 09-26-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Like most activities, there is a safe and unsafe way of doing things, and a legal and nom legal way.

Shooting and hunting at night laws vary by jurisdiction. Fortunately BC is not too much of a nanny state and allows shooting at night. Unfortunately BC doesn’t allow hunting at night, which is too bad as it could be useful in some circumstances.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

The Kamloops night trap shoots are very fun if nobody's tried them.

The range above the scales that does the sporting clays on the April gunshow weekend used to put the night shoots on. Not sure if they do it anymore or not.