Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sitka, Kuiu or First Lite?

Re: Sitka, Kuiu or First Lite?

I'm not saying don't buy from them, I just personally have a hard time justifying the extra cost for something that is still made in a factory in Asia for nothing, and other than appearance, I don't think performs any better than many cheaper alternatives. And I think there's a lot of groups advocating for hunting in BC and North America that can put my money to better use than a clothing company. That's just my take, and having said that, I'll be heading out in camo outer layers and a "boutique" tent and backpack made in the USA

I also say "buy from hunting companies"... But half my FL gear was bought used for a better price.. so I've got no high horse to sit on Lol
    Backcountry Hunters and Anglers BC

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    I've got Taiga that I bought more than 15 years ago (triple layer Gore-tex). 25-30 mm rain a day in the fall is common during hunting season. I hunt dawn to dusk and haven't got wet yet.
    Made right here in BC...
    LOL, big deal if it is sewn in Canada... fabric is from China.

Quote Originally Posted by DStewart View Post
    I’m a big merino fan. After a week hunt, I am not repulsed by my own smell. Huge fan of their down pieces, and as mentioned the rain gear. The guys I hunted with last trip are selling their other brands and switching over to FL.
    Love the merino! I wash it once a year maybe, and always stick it in my wife's face and make her sniff it. Couldn't get away doing that with a synthetic Sitka base layer
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

The OP was asking about waterproof clothing. FL is tougher and a little heavier than the original Kuiu rain gear.. So far the FL rain gear is the best I've tried including Kuiu (which is good too but I got a hole in the ass sliding down a snow bank)

When it comes to merino stuff I have a lot of FL base and mid layers (former dealer before they went direct) and it works great. But I have to admit I love the Kuiu base because it is longer on the body. I haven't tried their new fancy high tech merino but I imagine it would be awesome and will probably be my next purchase in about ten years when I've worn out all the FL stuff.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

All joking about blue jeans and wool aside....KUIU makes a decent product.
    I prefer their solid colours....each to their own on that but camo patterns don’t work in every hunting situation... I’ve seen game get nerved up looking at a camouflaged Ninja a lot quicker than when approached by a darker, solid coloured object.
    Thats my opinion for what it’s worth....then being able to access KUIU gear with 50% or more slashed off the price might make me a bit biased.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    The OP was asking about waterproof clothing. FL is tougher and a little heavier than the original Kuiu rain gear.. So far the FL rain gear is the best I've tried including Kuiu (which is good too but I got a hole in the ass sliding down a snow bank)

When it comes to merino stuff I have a lot of FL base and mid layers (former dealer before they went direct) and it works great. But I have to admit I love the Kuiu base because it is longer on the body. I haven't tried their new fancy high tech merino but I imagine it would be awesome and will probably be my next purchase in about ten years when I've worn out all the FL stuff.
    Longer on the body? Like a 6'2" guy can actually tuck it in and have it stay tucked? That would be pretty neat.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I’m 6’1” with a 28/30, on a good day, inseam. None of their stuff stayed tucked on me.

I use all of them. Thing for me is I’ll only buy them when on sale or deals, just never full price.
    Can find some great stuff on here in the buy and sell pages
    have to just buy when the deal is there during or in off season. All of it is high quality just choose what colors and patterns you like haha