Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sitka, Kuiu or First Lite?

Sitka, Kuiu or First Lite?

Hey everyone,

Shopping for clothing right now. Im torn between the three top brands and can't decide. Looking for any Pros and Cons from any of you with experience on these.

Looking for Light weight and Waterproof. Insulation is not my deciding factor since I have a decent layering system already.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Cheers,

M
    Ain't No Place Like The Cabin!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sitka, Kuiu or First Lite?

Between Sitka and first lite I prefer my first lite gear. I own a good bit of each. Can’t comment on kuiu as I haven’t used anything from them.

So you are looking for outer wear? I have a FL seak rain jacket that I really like. Haven’t tried the others.

I don’t think a guy can go wrong with any of the ones you’ve listed. Iv had good luck with Sitka’s stuff, haven’t used any other. The dew point jacket and the cloudburst pants are a good combo I find. Durability on the bottoms and light weight up top.

I’d say buy what fits you best. Might mean trying all 3 brands.

Ive had FL and Kuiu and now just 95% Sitka cause I just like the fit, comfortable, great warranty BUT sometimes tougher to find in Canada in stock. And they seem to be getting away from solid colours

FIrst lite right now I think you’ll be paying USD and duty on top etc. Steven Rinella now owns them

Kuiu usually always has good stock, ships quick, and online Canada site price includes the tax and duty. A lot of products available in solid colours

I prefer First Lite over Kuiu (never owned any Sitka).

That said, I won't be spending that much money on their base layers (wool baselayers from Mark's or somewhere are way cheaper).
    Backcountry Hunters and Anglers BC

Own the SEAK jacket and pants. Wouldn’t say lightweight but waterproof, BOMBPROOF and breathable. Actually breathable. I’ve owned cars that cost less than the entire kit but I’m happy with the purchase.

I have lots of FS. I like the outer rainshell and the mid layers are ok. Like the other poster said, it isn't necessary to get a base layer that is anything. Not even camo, really.

Dont be afraid to mix and match. Love my Sitka timberline pants, looking at getting FL puffy jacket.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Was looking at kuiu the other day...until I seen the tag.made in CHINA....no thanks.