Thread: firearms through Manning park?

firearms through park?

please delete - talked to CO...
    Last edited by Andrewh; 09-26-2019 at 04:03 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: firearms through Manning park?

A simple google search comes up with this. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...pgs/ecmanning/ Scrolling down tells one
    Hunting

Hunting is only permitted in the MU 2-17 portion of the Park; the former Cascade Recreation Area. These areas are only open to the discharge of firearms, bows and crossbows from September 10 to June 15 during lawful game hunting season. Please check the BC Hunting & Trapping Regulations Synopsis for more information.

Guess that pretty much sums it up. Just tell them you are walking to MU 2-17. I would also ask where in the park do you plan to walk with firearms. They might have an issue if near the lodge or amphitheater. Just sayin.....

Back in the day and I'm talking a long time ago we used to have to pack through a park to get to our elk spot. We had to get seals from the park office and seal out guns both in and out while crossing the park but that was in the 60/70s
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I know a guy who told me a story about how he wounded a griz and pursued it through the park...he phoned the CO to let them know he was doing it (NOT ASKING PERMISSION) and was able to get it