Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burris Optics Warranty

Burris Optics Warranty

Sharing my thoughts and experiences with the Burris Forever Warranty...

I was sighting in some different ammo last week and found that I lost windage when moving the the turrets right. I removed the scope, isolated it and checked both elevation and windage, and sure enough, both windage and elevation turrets stop moving the reticle after a few turns.

I bought this scope used off of CGN (Canadiangunnuts) as I heard it was a good, and cheaper alternative to Leupold, and found that they also have a transferrable warranty:
    Burris Forever Warranty * No Questions Asked * They even advertise that you can return it for repair if you buy it used.

I went to their website, but didn't see Canada specific instructions, so emailed their distributer in Canada. They wrote back within 24 hours with friendly instructions on what to do, with links to register and start the process. Took me 2 minutes, and within hours I received my RMA number, a PDF to download and cut a shipping label and packing slip.

I cleaned and wrapped my scope, put it in it's original box with the packing slip inside, then wrapped and put the shipping label on the outside. I then went to the post office and paid for shipping to get there (Colorado, USA) next week, with insurance, about $25. Their email said to expect a turn around time 2-4 weeks once they receive it.

Looks like it's iron sights until then

I'll post how things go...

Cheers,

Josh
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Burris Optics Warranty

I did one a few years back and was all worried about the border and the ITAR regulations, got the scope back in 2 weeks like it had never left. Been a great unit ever since.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    I did one a few years back and was all worried about the border and the ITAR regulations, got the scope back in 2 weeks like it had never left. Been a great unit ever since.
    Good to hear Steeleco!I'm already impressed with their prompt communications.
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Had a scope replaced a few years back as it fogged up internally. Think it only took a few weeks turnaround time?

Burris is good to deal with, I bought a used scope off CGN and wanted to buy a new MOA turret cap (the used scope came with a custom turret cap already)....they mailed me a basic MOA turret free of charge, and offered to send me a ballistic turret for free if I sent in my data

Haven't had to use their warranty, but only read good things, will be interested to hear how they take care of your scope
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

So far so good. They reply within a day, I think same day as I recall, on any questions or comments I post in the thread for the case file.

Apparently my scope ran out of windage and elevation which resulted in overtravel (I'm not sure what I'm saying here), but anyways they said they reset things so that that scope should operate as new. I did do the 'count the clicks' method turning one way to the other and setting halfway for both, then isolating the scope, then turning the turrets as I looked in the scope before I sent it, and it for sure stopped moving after a few clicks using either turret, even though the turrets still moved.

I was notified last week that it was ready for shipping, the status was 'waiting for tracking'. I checked in again today, and was told that Canadian returns are sent by bulk to Stoeger, so there can be minor delays in shipping, and then of course there is customs.

I sent it with tracking and within a day of receiving it, I had a case number and my case was being processed. Almost exactly a week after shipping from Canada I received an email saying they had fixed the issue, and it would function properly once I receive it.

I'll post what the results are when I receive it.

Just got my rifle bedded, but it's iron sights for now
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

— G. K. Chesterton

Didn't get an email notification from them, but it's been a couple weeks, so I logged in to find they shipped my scope 2 days ago. So they had my scope for exactly 4 weeks since receiving it. They we quick to fix the issue, but the scope sat for 3 weeks in limbo.

Will give final review of the experience once it gets here, whenever that is.

I'd been hearing others getting their Vortex scopes backs within 2 weeks, and was hoping for something close, but we're way past that – we'll see what the final tally on time is when it gets here.

Cheers,

Josh
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

— G. K. Chesterton

Do not need to ship to US.
    https://www.stoegercanada.ca/support/
    I shipped broken scope to Stoeger and got back a new one because my model was discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by AK-47 View Post
    Do not need to ship to US.
    https://www.stoegercanada.ca/support/
    I shipped broken scope to Stoeger and got back a new one because my model was discontinued
    That's who I contacted, who in turn linked me to the Burris Repair Portal, which required me to send the scope to USA. Still waiting to receive scope.
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

— G. K. Chesterton

Still haven't received scope or tracking number from Burris. Sent them an email requesting a tracking number and asked why I didn't receive an email that my scope had shipped, that was almost a week ago with no response.

I'm disappointed. I don't think I'll be buying Burris anything in the future.
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

— G. K. Chesterton