Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Shot

Re: Grizzly Shot

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Most posts I read on here practise SSS, not saying it’s right or wrong but it’s mentioned a lot.
    Ya its quit sad and then theres those telling people to shoot wolves etc in closed season, then the same people go complain on other
    threads about un regulated killing of animals.
    With all the talk about the illegal stuff people are willing to do, on here kind of shows why things are in the stat they are for wildlife.
    I would think there not species specific when it comes to there SSS tatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Seriously what the hell do they mean "commercial Grizzly hunting" they banned all Grizzly hunting. We stop hunting them they start hunting us.
    Maybe he meant the Grizzlies are commercially hunting us lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    How and who determines if it needed to be shot?
    The person getting chowed down on

The person it’s showing aggression towards, and that’s a different thing for every human.
    me personally ? Don’t leave when alerted to my presence and charge ? Bang.

Only the person involved can make the decision. If the bear is aggressive and the subject feels himself to be threatened, the bear needs to be shot. If the bear is threatening livestock or livelyhood, it probably needs to be shot. If the bear is just walking past the camp, it is no threat and should be left alone. I know of one situation where a guy shot a bear simply because it was near the community. His claim that he was concerned for the children was pure BS. He just wanted to shoot the bear and felt it was his right to do so. That is an example of a bear getting shot which should not have. In another case, a hunter was climbing up a steep trail when a bear came running down the trail toward him. The bear may or may not have been charging but he took the prudent course of action and shot the bear. Nothing wrong with that.
    If I'm camping alone and a grizzly comes into my camp, he'll get one warning yell and, if he does anything but depart, he'll get shot. If the bear circles the camp and stays at a reasonable distance, he'll be left alone but I probably won't sleep real well!
    In short, it is an individual choice but, if the authorities get involved, it had better be defensible. GD

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    Only the person involved can make the decision. If the bear is aggressive and the subject feels himself to be threatened, the bear needs to be shot. If the bear is threatening livestock or livelyhood, it probably needs to be shot. If the bear is just walking past the camp, it is no threat and should be left alone. I know of one situation where a guy shot a bear simply because it was near the community. His claim that he was concerned for the children was pure BS. He just wanted to shoot the bear and felt it was his right to do so. That is an example of a bear getting shot which should not have. In another case, a hunter was climbing up a steep trail when a bear came running down the trail toward him. The bear may or may not have been charging but he took the prudent course of action and shot the bear. Nothing wrong with that.
    If I'm camping alone and a grizzly comes into my camp, he'll get one warning yell and, if he does anything but depart, he'll get shot. If the bear circles the camp and stays at a reasonable distance, he'll be left alone but I probably won't sleep real well!
    In short, it is an individual choice but, if the authorities get involved, it had better be defensible. GD
    My sentiments exactly.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I agree it should be up to the person behind the rifle but if self-reported after the fact, it will be the CO and the provincial judge that make the call...
    Last edited by hawk-i; 09-26-2019 at 08:38 AM.

On our Trip to BC Last Year South East of Tatogga Lake seen bears every single day, Including the sow and cubs that ripped my mountain goat out of the tree. As much as I wanted to shoot that bear we kept our guard up managed our interactions as it would keep coming back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Sea lions grizzly bears........

Hmm ! Add Seals - Black Bears & Cougars to the List ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Hmm ! Add Seals - Black Bears & Cougars to the List ! RJ
    Amen!!!!!!