Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly Shot

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grizzly Shot

Seriously what the hell do they mean "commercial Grizzly hunting" they banned all Grizzly hunting. We stop hunting them they start hunting us.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Like someone is going to "come forward" and pay a fine of 10,000$ to make things "right".
    Just a note, we saw Grizzle Bears almost every day of our hunt last week in the Mackenzie B.C. area.
    They left us alone so we had reason to leave them alone.
    Last edited by BRrooster; 09-24-2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: more info

Most likely a nuisance that needed removing. If it was in the river, who knows how far it may have floated from too.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by BRrooster View Post
    Like someone is going to "come forward" and pay a fine of 10,000$ to make things "right".
    Just a note, we saw Grizzle Bears almost every day of our hunt last week in the Mackenzie B.C. area.
    They left us alone so we had reason to leave them alone.
    Not only could he/she face a huge fine &/or jail time but once his/her name is exposed the tree huggers will be constantly on his/her's family's back.

BC WILDLIFE ACT
    Accidental killing of wildlife
    75 (1) A person who kills or wounds wildlife, other than prescribed wildlife, either by accident or for the protection of life or property, must promptly report to an officer
    (a) the killing or wounding, and
    (b) the location of the wildlife.
    (2) A person who fails to report as required under subsection (1) commits an offence.

Fines and penalties
    84(5) Subject to subsection (6), a person who commits an offence referred to in subsection (1) (c) is liable,
    (a) on a first conviction, to a fine of not more than $25 000 or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding 6 months, or both, and
    (b) on each subsequent conviction for the same offence or another offence referred to in subsection (1) (c), to a fine of not more than $50 000 and not less than $500 or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding one year, or both.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Most posts I read on here practise SSS, not saying it’s right or wrong but it’s mentioned a lot.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

The bear may or may not have needed to be shot. If so, thats it then. If it was shot just because someone wanted to shoot it, it's another matter but, either way, I wouldn't spend too much on the investigation. GD

Expect more dead grizzlies.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    The bear may or may not have needed to be shot. If so, thats it then. If it was shot just because someone wanted to shoot it, it's another matter but, either way, I wouldn't spend too much on the investigation. GD
    How and who determines if it needed to be shot?

Sea lions grizzly bears........