Thread: Any Bull Moose 8-05 Nov 1st

Any Bull Moose 8-05 Nov 1st

Hey all I’ve drawn the any bull LEH in 8-05 for November. I was thinking the south side of the MU as I’ve seen plenty of sign. However when scouting via google Earth I noticed the north side looks swampier. Any one have experience in this MU

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any Bull Moose 8-05 Nov 1st

November I like higher elevations with lots of high quality food and good cover very close to food. If you can find that there should be moose imo.

See you also asked for info on your 2016 island rosie draw. Maybe I missed it but did you connect? Would be great to hear outcomes , cheers

SB

After the prime rut........late October on, hunt the south facing slopes. In the morning, moose will be found bedded down after snacking on willow browse during the night. They like the sunlight beating down on their blackish bodies. More toward late morning they will move back into the timber and once again emerge late afternoon. They will only enter into swamp areas if pressed, like wolves on their tail. Swamp areas usually have a formation of ice at this time of year which cannot support their weight and their lower extremities of the legs get beat up pretty badly by the broken ice.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Lots of time to get out and look around still.

The rut will be over so they'll likely be focused on cover from the incliment weather and food. Find the willow, find the moose. The later it gets into the year the more and more they depend on willow according to a number of papers I read in university. In some situations willow accounted for 98% of their winter diets. The next highest dependent plant was alder.