Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grouse numbers good again this year

Re: Grouse numbers good again this year

Can totally echo this, saw 25 grouse in Western Region 8 on Saturday!

You can basically see a grouse on the road at any time of day. Got my first one of the season when it barely light enough to shoot but without a doubt the magical time is the last 45 minutes before dark. Sound familiar deer hunters?

Coming out of the bush when the lights of the truck are almost needed I'm almost running over them as they scurry about. Those ruff grouse that were super skittish a couple of hours earlier are far more relaxed as it gets closer to twilight,,,,,again, a lot like deer of either species.

One more photo:

Last edited by mastercaster; 09-24-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    You can basically see a grouse on the road at any time of day. Got my first one of the season when it barely light enough to shoot but without a doubt the magical time is the last 45 minutes before dark. Sound familiar deer hunters?

Coming out of the bush when the lights of the truck are almost needed I'm almost running over them as they scurry about. Those ruff grouse that were super skittish a couple of hours earlier are far more relaxed as it gets closer to twilight,,,,,again, a lot like deer of either species.

One more photo:

Very nice!

Whats the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Very nice!

Whats the gun?
    An Ithaco 20 ga. O/U. Bought it used (barely) the second year I moved to Kelowna back in 1981 from Bear Creek Trading Post which hasn't existed for several decades. I realized quite quickly that my young brittany spaniel could hold pheasants so well that my 12 ga. was too much gun for them. Haha

Love that gun,,,,may get buried with it some day or give it to on of my grand daughters,,,,unless one of my grand sons has something to say about it. LOL