Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's with all the Grizzly just north of Kamloops Lately

Re: What's with all the Grizzly just north of Kamloops Lately

2 years ago there was a sow and Cubs on the west side of the Deadman, a boar near Hammer Lake, a boar around porcupine meadow, a one near inskip from the info I got from reliable hunters I know.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Just saying........the SSS rule will likely play a role with some nearby ranches 1st.

Stupid Non science based decisions by our Political Shills will be responsible for the attacks when it happens near urban centers.

Way to Go Suzuki and followers.
    I think after that one video from that one fellow from Bella Coola (or Bella Bella??) and all the media attention, that most of us have learned
    to just keep it on the "down low".

We see them here all the time lately. Like, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 250 sav View Post
    2 years ago there was a sow and Cubs on the west side of the Deadman, a boar near Hammer Lake, a boar around porcupine meadow, a one near inskip from the info I got from reliable hunters I know.

Wow, I haven’t seen any yet up there but I was told by Spruce Wilderness Lodge they have them on their trail cams, I’ve been all over the Boneparte Plateau and never seen a grizzly track yet, but not saying they are there.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

a few sightings of them between clinton and the fraser lately as well..

Ive seen tracks just 30 minute hike from our camp in deadman in cache creek 2 weeks ago. I slept with a loaded 45-70 that night lol

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    This is the first I've heard of them being that close to Kamloops. I used to live in AK where there were a lot. Different way of looking at things for sure...

I hope they don't make it south of 'Loops.

Guess I gotta get that bear spray after all. Sure wish I could carry my 44 mag...
    I have them on trail cam in the Sawmill/Red Lake area, so within a 45 minute drive of Kamloops, and that's taking the road which isn't a direct route as up and over the hills so as the crow flies it's probably closer. There have been reports of them up O'Connor even which is lower and south from Jamieson.
    Last edited by russm86; 09-26-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    I have them on trail cam in the Sawmill/Red Lake area, so within a 45 minute drive of Kamloops, and that's taking the road which isn't a direct route as up and over the hills so as the crow flies it's probably closer. There have been reports of them up O'Connor even which is lower and south from Jamieson.
    Guess I will be keeping my eyes open and camera ready as well then.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    I’m in Lac Le Jeune. Have scouted (and hunted) O’Connor. I don’t go there much because it’s too accessible and too damn many people. I didn’t realize they were that close.

sure could get exciting if I’m out hunting grouse with the dog and all I have with me is 20ga #6’s. ��

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    I’m in Lac Le Jeune. Have scouted (and hunted) O’Connor. I don’t go there much because it’s too accessible and too damn many people. I didn’t realize they were that close.

sure could get exciting if I’m out hunting grouse with the dog and all I have with me is 20ga #6’s. 😜
    Carry a few non soft slugs along just in case.
    Using birdshot you'd have to wait till the grizz is only feet away & aim at the nose/eye area.
    Still way better than spray!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein