Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pan Phillips home ranch for sale

Pan Phillips home ranch for sale

Interesting piece of real estate for sale. Piece of history for sale.

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...s-lake-zone-27

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pan Phillips home ranch for sale

Well, that’s kinda cool. I’ve read the books, and have coffee every now and then with his son Ken. Lotsa history in that part of BC.

Thanks for sharing that. Really cool part of B.C. and history.
    The World is run by those that show up.

Do you think its worth the asking price?

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    Well, that’s kinda cool. I’ve read the books, and have coffee every now and then with his son Ken. Lotsa history in that part of BC.
    Would his mother have been Betty?

Given the proximity to the chilcotin land tenure problems. Would I be eager to buy it had I the money. Nope.
    And that goes for the rest of B.C. for that matter.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Come to think of it. That would be a good property for Dickieboy to purchase. It would go along with his other holdings in the approximate vicinity.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Hmmmm wouldnt accept it for free..not there.
    Pan would drive his cattle to Quesnel..then go to the Billy Barker hotel..get a bottle of whiskey..spin the top off..go to the door and throw the cap into the street..and loudly proclaim. ...thats the last time wee will need that..
    When he died..folks gathered at the Billy Barker and were given small bottles of whiskey..they all to gether threw the caps into the street..proclaiming..thats the last time we will need that.
    It was said that anyone walking past the Billy that day would most certainly been killed by the flying whiskey caps flung in unison into the street..ala Pan Phillips.
    Srupp

That LANDs right in the THICK of FN country - Its NOT worth a plugged Nickel now ! jmo RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Would his mother have been Betty?

Given the proximity to the chilcotin land tenure problems. Would I be eager to buy it had I the money. Nope.
    And that goes for the rest of B.C. for that matter.
    I can certainly ask next time I see him. Sister Dianne has also written a couple of good books. As for value, I would suggest that the best timber has been creamed over the years. Don’t believe there’s lots of hay meadows. And as SRupp points out, it’s right in the thick of FN hassles. Not sure that it would be a wise investment.

Brings back memories of the 2 unique characters Pan & Rick & the book Grass Beyond the Mountains.
    In 1983 Eve & I were driving near WL on our way to Redstone when it was announced that Pan died from a heart attack at age 73.
    While surveying near Chetwynd in Aug. 66 just before going to school an old timer that knew of him told us that Rick in his late 50s also died from a heart attack.

Always wanted to visit home ranch by horseback.
    Sadly the cabins are no more.
    Home Ranch - Pan Phillips homestead
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein