We need help on finding a reasonably close area to the Fraser Valley to hunt whitetail deer preferably near a lake.

I've been working so much over the last 10 years I have not gotten away for a proper hunting trip done all of my deer hunting close to home I've averaged 1 blacktail buck a year though.

My problem is I am a mule/blacktail deer hunter out of over 100 deer only 2 have been whitetails

On Sept 8/19 my 12 year old scored a nice 2x3 mule deer buck in region 8 he has a junior hunting license that uses my tags.

I figured on our next trip we would hunt for mule deer again in a different region but then discovered the new mule deer retention laws where if you shoot a buck in regions 3-8 you can no longer go to another 3-8 region and shoot another mule deer buck.

Yes we are still allowed two blacktail here in region 2 but we want to head out of town for a proper camping trip at a lake where there is also dirt bike riding and whitetail deer hunting.

I'm not asking for someones spot just pointers on where to start would be great and pm messages so everyone else out there doesn't swarm to the same area really works for me.

Thanks for sharing
CC