Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to hunt Whitetail ???

Where to hunt Whitetail ???

We need help on finding a reasonably close area to the Fraser Valley to hunt whitetail deer preferably near a lake.

I've been working so much over the last 10 years I have not gotten away for a proper hunting trip done all of my deer hunting close to home I've averaged 1 blacktail buck a year though.

My problem is I am a mule/blacktail deer hunter out of over 100 deer only 2 have been whitetails

On Sept 8/19 my 12 year old scored a nice 2x3 mule deer buck in region 8 he has a junior hunting license that uses my tags.

I figured on our next trip we would hunt for mule deer again in a different region but then discovered the new mule deer retention laws where if you shoot a buck in regions 3-8 you can no longer go to another 3-8 region and shoot another mule deer buck.

Yes we are still allowed two blacktail here in region 2 but we want to head out of town for a proper camping trip at a lake where there is also dirt bike riding and whitetail deer hunting.

I'm not asking for someones spot just pointers on where to start would be great and pm messages so everyone else out there doesn't swarm to the same area really works for me.

Thanks for sharing
    CC
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where to hunt Whitetail ???

Look for lakes between ok falls and beaver dell. I think closer to west bridge is conkle lake provincial park. Lots of country to explore and lots of whities or there used to be.

Bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

There was a thread a few years back... something like "Get your whitetail doe!" which seemed to cover a lot of WT pockets... that thread made a lot of people cry too so you know it's legit.

I just did a little searching but couldn't dig it up. You might want to do a little digging to see if you can find it though. I bet it will reveal a lot of options for you
    Last edited by caddisguy; 09-22-2019 at 04:00 PM.

OooOOoo here we go

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...our-white-tail!!!

Not 100% certain if that was the thread I was thinking of, but it has a lot of info that might help you decide where you want to go for your trip
    Last edited by caddisguy; 09-22-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Christian Valley is famous for whitetail hunting, but lots of good pockets in many parts of reg 3 as well...

Thanks for the link I now have an excellent idea on where to start.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

I saw one years ago between gillis lk and murray lake up the coq. Never been back there to try and hunt them.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    I saw one years ago between gillis lk and murray lake up the coq. Never been back there to try and hunt them.
    I saw 2 up there about 5 years ago during spring bear. It was kinda surreal, there was a cow moose, 2 whitetails and a bear all in the same meadow.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Christian Valley is famous for whitetail hunting, but lots of good pockets in many parts of reg 3 as well...
    shh. I already have an October long weekend trip planned that way. Stay away

Seen one in that area this spring just a doe. But not far past the toll booth.