Thread: Anzac/Parsnip Fishing

Anzac/Parsnip Fishing

Hey everyone....heading out for a moose hunt at the beginning of October and we plan to do some river floats.....
    Any suggestions/tips/tricks for fishing the Anzac and Parsnip?
    Planning on bringing the fly rod....suggestions for patterns etc?

2. Site Sponsor

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Re: Anzac/Parsnip Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter1488 View Post
    Hey everyone....heading out for a moose hunt at the beginning of October and we plan to do some river floats.....
    Any suggestions/tips/tricks for fishing the Anzac and Parsnip?
    Planning on bringing the fly rod....suggestions for patterns etc?
    With all that Rain we had up here in the Rocks, the Rivers and Creeks are Booming as if springtime. Be extremely careful drifting the Anzac. Some year sago I was surprised coming downstream around a corner with the worst ever "Logjam", the meanest Deathtrap I ever seen. Thanks Good, at that time it was low water otherwise I am sure I would have not make it. Apparently many years before a Trapper and his 2 Children lost there Lives in there.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    With all that Rain we had up here in the Rocks, the Rivers and Creeks are Booming as if springtime. Be extremely careful drifting the Anzac. Some year sago I was surprised coming downstream around a corner with the worst ever "Logjam", the meanest Deathtrap I ever seen. Thanks Good, at that time it was low water otherwise I am sure I would have not make it. Apparently many years before a Trapper and his 2 Children lost there Lives in there.

Cheers
    Well I appreciate the heads up! Definitely don't want to be putting ourselves into any sketchy situations. Not worth it.
    We will pack the canoes and keep our fingers crossed for some dryer weather prior to our trip!
    Goal number 1: Fill our moose tags!

I've had luck in the Parsnip just tossing out wedding bands with a chunk of worm, caught 3 different species of game fish in 3 casts. Rainbow, dolly and grayling. The rivers are running fairly high and dirty up here right now, 2nd that warning about taking care on river floats.