Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daypacks

Re: Daypacks

Im looking to upgrage my day pack to a multi day pack. I really like my underarmour ridge reaper 2800 but it lacks the ability to pack out a lot of meat. Tried the cabelas multi day pack, really like the lay out of that bag but it doesnt fit my torso length. It might be worth looking at. Im debating trying a mystery ranch $$$. Like the cabelas price point better lol.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    okay thanks will look them up ! what model do you have?
    Arctic Lake

Fortress 4800 with the Merlin day pack. Check it our Arctic, you will like it.

I always have my Eberlestock F1 mainframe along with the F65 little big top...I can carry everything I need for a full day, along with deboned meat and other animal parts needed for identification....works well for me..for extended hunts I have the J2DB dry bag that I can put between the two above mentioned..a versatile setup, look on the Eberlestock website and decide for yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Im looking to upgrage my day pack to a multi day pack. I really like my underarmour ridge reaper 2800 but it lacks the ability to pack out a lot of meat. Tried the cabelas multi day pack, really like the lay out of that bag but it doesnt fit my torso length. It might be worth looking at. Im debating trying a mystery ranch $$$. Like the cabelas price point better lol.
    I have a Mr nice 6500, love the pack except I struggle with the heavy loads 100Lb + when packing out. I called mr to inquire about a load lifter kit. They said I need to adjust yoke instead, to ride better on my hips and not my shoulders.I’m 6’5”, if the re adjust doesn’t work, I might sell the bag and try something different. I like having the big bag to haul heavy out on the first trip out, however my old badlands 2200 was with me on my first trip back to the truck with a front elk quarter this year. I was surprised by how well the bag held up under about 80-90 lbs of Gear and meat.

Ive had many, solid nod for my Mystery ranch metcalf
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Currently using SlumberJack, which has a meat shelf. Have carried 130# of boned out meat and it performed very well. It doesn’t have a bag so I use a dry bag and attach my MR 6500 lid to it for more storage. My 6500 is a solid pack but is very difficult to load elk quarters in it and it is heavy 10# dry. Additionally the MR is a noisy pack for timber hunting. One can pick up a SlumberJack for $240 at Valhalla Pure.
    Live to Hunt...

Badlands 2200 for me too. All I need in and out for the day or overnight. Crazy how much these bags will pack and quiet too. I’m 6’5” 240lbs and no fitting issues.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I know the Kuiu pack hate is strong on this forum but I use an Icon Pro frame with a 1850 bag for day trips and a 7200 for extended outings. Easy to swap bags and nice having the frame for packing out game if you are far from the truck.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...highlight=pack

Here's another thread that covers the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Does that pack come in different sizes ? Not sure what my torso size is but I'm 5'11" around 190 lbs
    Arctic Lake
    I am 6’2 210 lbs but I have buddy who runs a 2200 badlands as well and he would be the same size as you

I have had my packs too long to remember for sure but I do remember my 4500 badlands had different sizes so might have been the same with the 2200. Either way I recommend trying on any pack you before you buy. I had a buddy order a pack that was a “good deal” and it rubbed his back raw first hunt he went on