Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daypacks

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: Daypacks

When it comes to daypacks you have to ask what do you want out of it ? is it just to pack knife, TP, Lunch etc for short walks or when you down a deer do you want to pack half of it out ?
    I use a Mystery Ranch Guidelight frame with the Cabinet bag so I can pack enough to spend the night if I want but also makes for a very light comfortable daypack.
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 09-22-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I never leave the truck/bike/horse without my Stone Glacier 7400. Squash the bag down to nothing and forget
    its there until you need it.
    Have packed a fair jag of meat with it now, and for me it works better than any of
    the MR packs I had. (And that was multiple configurations...)
    Packed out my early season moose with it this year. Easy to drop the bag and just run the shelf after the first load is out if you feel so inclined.

I usually hunt in the rain, so bought a sealline Boundary 35. Should help to keep things dry with reasonable comfort.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    I never leave the truck/bike/horse without my Stone Glacier 7400. Squash the bag down to nothing and forget
    its there until you need it.
    Have packed a fair jag of meat with it now, and for me it works better than any of
    the MR packs I had. (And that was multiple configurations...)
    Packed out my early season moose with it this year. Easy to drop the bag and just run the shelf after the first load is out if you feel so inclined.
    Ive used the SG Xcurve frame 6900 bag, EXO 5500 and they are excellent packs, lightweight durable, well thought out

but for me the MR just fits better
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispryn View Post
    Anything from Seek Outside. There bags are waterproof without the use of a rain cover. I pair mine with the Merlin Daypack. When empty and packed down properly its tiny but still has the frame to pack any game in North America.

Plus its multipurpose and has you covered for the 10 day trips also.

https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks-breakaway/
    Another vote for seek outside. I picked up the Lanner pack this year. Haven’t really used it much yet, just some long days fly fishing. But it works great as a day pack or even a 10 day pack.

If on a budget... Rokslide.com can have some good deals on used packs in the buy/sell section. Just remember it's in US prices haha

https://youtu.be/J2NQmtWUQqc

The goHUNT guys put some of the above named brands to a real test! Worth a watch

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Ive used the SG Xcurve frame 6900 bag, EXO 5500 and they are excellent packs, lightweight durable, well thought out

but for me the MR just fits better
    Pack fit is a pretty personal thing for sure. I just didn’t much care for the weight penalty the MR stuff carries, and the SG fit better.
    Tempted to try a Seek and an Exo, just to see whats what, but I’m still pretty happy with the 7400.

I have an Exo 3500 K2 if you want to try one on and take a look. Lots of guys on Rokslide seem to want the latest and greatest so they are unloading packs that are a year or two old to buy the new K3.

As always you fellas step up to the plate to answer my questions , I really do appreciate it ! Thanks to all of you for your patience !
    ArcticLake