Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Daypacks

Re: Daypacks

I have the kuiu icon 3200. works as a really nice day pack and i've had up to 50lbs of gear in it so far. can go overnight/multi-day in it easily. comfy, the frame fits me well. for an ultra light day pack i'm looking at getting just a small belt pack, but that's not good for packing out anything bigger than a grouse haha

i'll probably go exo for my next pack to try it out, but for something bigger in the 5500+ cubic inch range

I bought one of these 2 years ago, love it, very well thought out, great price!

Has a great rating and I agree with it..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Ohwildwon; 09-24-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Mystery Ranch Pintler.
    Im 6' 200 lbs. Got a large and have never had such a comfortable pack.
    Could do an overnighter if you utilized meat shelf.

I have been using the badlands 2200. Works for me

I have two hip pouches on my belt (from DS tactical)one with survival and first aid stuff and the other has hunting stuff (liver bags,spare gloves rubber gloves with paper towel in one and TP in the other, flashlights lighters and sparker rod, licences/tags, flagging tape and magic marker, Backtracker GPS,spare batteries 9 emergency bullets (for 3 shot emergency signal 3 times) etc...before I get dressed my compass goes around my neck and as soon as I get dressed for a hunt, my belt goes on..if going for more than a half day I put the pouches in a soft camo pack with more gear ready to go...I always drag the whole deer if less than 1 km to a pickup point. I always have at least 1 30' length of 8mm rope on me (stays on my belt )and a couple more shorter lengths in my pack if I need to hang the meat and go for help to get the rest. this is for short day hunts close to camp....

All good information posted if any of you have other suggestions feel to post up
    Thank You
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Good idea is to YouTube reviews of the bags you are interested in. Helps with the bags you can't actually hold before purchasing
    Backcountry Hunters and Anglers BC

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    Good idea is to YouTube reviews of the bags you are interested in. Helps with the bags you can't actually hold before purchasing
    Thanks Good idea !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Does that pack come in different sizes ? Not sure what my torso size is but I'm 5'11" around 190 lbs
    Arctic Lake
    You're still too big to stuff inside - hockey bag maybe?

I think the pack (like weapons) depends on what your hunting and where your hunting. I have separate packs for different pursuits. Each is always ready to go. I use the Eberlestock Team Elk for elk hunting. I like the stability of the frame, I like how it fits my body. It's also narrow so the pack isn't rubbing against the bush. I like what I see in the current Mystery Ranch packs for sure. The Pintler looks great.