Hey hey, so I’ve been told to take head shots and to not take head shots.... now I k ow it’s not smart or even logical to take then at a stupid amount of distance, I’m going to stay within the 100 yard range. Two years ago my wife and I were stalking a Sitka deer and we came up to around 15 yards from it. the brush we were in was pretty thick and my wife only had a head shot, and I had a top shoulder shot. Now at this point we had no idea about head shots and if they were legal or not so I took out the shoulders and lost quite a bit of meat. (Novice mistake. Next time I’ll be sure to wait longer or just tell her to take the head shot). After the field dressing we took it to the local butch and she asked “if we were that close why not take the head shot to not waste meat.” And that’s when a few other buyers there said to always take a head shot if you can...

What’s everyone’s opinion on them, if you’re within some heavy timber and only have a head shot within 100 yards would you take it?