Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Headshots? Take them or no?

Re: Headshots? Take them or no?

Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    Buckshot close range incl in this debate ?
    Sure, why not? Your thoughts on the subject?

Never done a body shot with buckshot

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Sure, why not? Your thoughts on the subject?

When I’m doing the doe hunt on Vancouver island it’s always head shots with 12 gauge buckshot and full choke

Neck shots within 30 yards using buckshot for me. After many deer down, I don’t trust buckshot to give me a decent enough blood trail in the thick bush. Maybe a different story if I were hunting some open farmland. Drop em in their tracks instead, quickest death I can deliver.

I think it's time to talk about Poo, this is getting old! Poo never gets old, we got the double twister with a DQ flip or the three coiler, the topic is endless! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    I think it's time to talk about Poo, this is getting old! Poo never gets old, we got the double twister with a DQ flip or the three coiler, the topic is endless! K
    Great, now suddenly there's going to be a ton of pics on the thread with everyone's "best of"!

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Don't forget the squirt and shart

Hey All
    Took a head shot on a four point mulie once . Blew his bottom jaw right off . He never went down. Tracked him four miles down the mountain before he bedded down.Never again for me boiler room every time

Quote Originally Posted by MOWITCH SLAYER View Post
    Hey All
    Took a head shot on a four point mulie once . Blew his bottom jaw right off . He never went down. Tracked him four miles down the mountain before he bedded down.Never again for me boiler room every time
    Good on you for being honest.
    Same happened to me once, but was lucky that the buck just moved behind a hump and all I had to do was run 30 yards and fire again.
    But, I wont do it again either after that.

Any shot is a great shot, when it goes as planned.
    But, they don't always go as planned!
    And it's admitting what happens when they don't go as planned so others can at least consider things they may not have thought of.
    That goes for any shot, head shot or boiler room.
    Breath and squeeze and get out there and practice some shooting when ever possible.

one thing I like to do that goes against what some people will say is, while in the field, with nothing in the tube, I look for safe objects to shoulder and take aim at with intent to practice acquiring and steadying on a target. it quickly helps to show if you are getting to out of breath (going too fast) or if you had too many morning coffees.