Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chilliwack/vedder 2019 fishing

Re: Chilliwack/vedder 2019 fishing

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    would I be stating the obvious if I suggested you set it where you think it should be then pull on the line to make sure it is set right...sorry if I sound like Capt obvious
    I've done that. But keeping tension but also not too tight so as to pull the hook out I think is the hard part

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    I've done that. But keeping tension but also not too tight so as to pull the hook out I think is the hard part
    I generally err on the side of light tension and add a little hand friction if really shedding line

So, I am off to go hunting for a week and a half.
    How long is the run going to go?
    I am thinking about trying once I am back.
    Again, its been years since I went up on the Vedder/Chilly

October was a good month for me last year. Coho, some Chinook, and the chum at the tail end.

Best coho fishing we’ve seen in years... I keep going back to the harrison hoping it’s going to happen only to find the chwk has been hot. Roe, spoons, whatever. Lost a dandy before work today. It’s battle formations out there now. Lots of fishermen.

I have a few more coho than last year in the freezer awaiting the precautionary time to be sashimi.

Chinook have been really good as well, got a.bunch of whites for the smoker and a few reds for the bbq.

Its still good depending on the rain but if you are new to it find someone thats got some experience or be humble and ask questions
    It will make for success and a great experience.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Weekday mornings are your friend. I dont fish weekends much but only ran into one guy who we had some friction with, most people are super cool.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I drove over the river and lined up shoulder to shoulder as far as I can see?? Looks more like gong show than fishing, might as well go to work, be less stressfull!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Two words, "pocket water" where there is only room for one guy. X2 on the midweek.

Finally landed my first and second Chinook ever last Saturday. On roe. Both females.
    First was 85cm full of single eggs. 2nd was 73cms with roe still in skeins. 5.5lbs of roe total. All cured and vacuum packed in the freezer for bait!
    Last edited by ekul246; 11-08-2019 at 10:04 AM.