Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chilliwack/vedder 2019 fishing

Chilliwack/vedder 2019 fishing

Hey team,

didn't see a thread on this seasons fishing gonna try and get out weekly and post up for folks to have an update.

Ill be mainly trying to catch all of the salmon on my tenkara rod, although I will also always carry my 8wt and a spinning rod so will have some set ups ready for most things.

The goal is a 20# fish on the tenkara and then a steelhead in the winter

i haven't been out yet yet but I have heard and seen that the salmon have obviously arrived

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chilliwack/vedder 2019 fishing

will be trying this weekend. will post how it goes. I think the river is at a decent level and clear despite the rain.

Hooked a spring on Tuesday.. ..got away though....

Good thread, hope to hear the action.

Fishing has been good. Lots of pinks, and springs coming too. Not too many coho yet though... lots of guys and lots of fish.

Pinks will be done soon, white springs are in and coho starting too. Water was in great condition yesterday.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

What is the setup you folks are using out there these days on the Chilliwack/Veddar?
    Since all this BS earlier this year with the no salmon retention, I have stopped paying attention.
    Are we able to retain them on there right now?
    And if so, when the coho run, are we able to retain the hatchery ones?

Just haven't been following that circuit in a while now but would love to get up there for a day, a week day! (never going to do a weekend there
    again!...ever!)

fished briefly at lickmand road on Saturday evening. saw a lot of pinks moving through, hooked into one. Male, huge hump back already, a bit green for my taste. So I let him go to die another day.

I've had good luck using Colorado blades for coho, silver or bronze. I'm gonna try some different colours on them this year too, and also gonna try some pink Gibbs crocs.

I'll head into some deeper channels and holes, really want to get a chinook this season. will try with roe to start...

Hooked another spring on the canal last night. One of the guys there had a spring and a coho. Both chrome. Springs splashing at the surface. Chrome as well. Still haven't landed one.
    For those baitcasting with a float set up, how should I set my drag? Last week, the guy next to me said it was too tight. Last night, I loosened it during the fight a touch because it felt like it should have been taking line. Then it went too loose accidentally and I lost it.
    Advice?

would I be stating the obvious if I suggested you set it where you think it should be then pull on the line to make sure it is set right...sorry if I sound like Capt obvious