Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peace area moose rut

Peace area moose rut

Do you guys think it will be a bit late this year? It is so sunny with warm temps, just wondering about beginning to try some calling and maybe dropping some early estrus scent.

Too early right now?

I had a decent guy sniffing at my salt block quite a bit earlier but not since.

But there is a cow calf pair that has basically taken up residence nearby.

A couple ok bucks here on the land too!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Peace area moose rut

Moose r rubbing off velvet or already rubbed. I would be concentrating on bull calls right now. And once you start seeing pissholes and aggressive rubs start cow calling.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

If you send me co ordinates, I have a computer program that will tell me the exact time the cows go into estrus!!!! It is built using time data, and is VERY specific to an exact lat and long!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Ha ya thanks. I have a salt block down. Put some Estrus piss around the area a couple days ago.

Went out and did some calling in the stand today. Randomly a little meat buck walked by so I shot it instead

Meat is meat! Try for Moose more this week.

I called in a bull to 20 yards on Tuesday. It is the third bull I have called in this year. It appears the rut is right on time. The kids sure enjoyed having a moose grunt and rake the bush at 20 yards! Young bull, not legal, but definately worth the experience. Saw a fresh piss hole and a bunch of rubs as well. Happy hunting.

The Ministry of earth, wind and fire says this:

In British Columbia, Moose mate from September to November, but more than 80 percent of calves are conceived during the first estrus period (heat), which occurs during two weeks in late September and early October.

Past discussions:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...e-rut-up-north
    Last edited by MichelD; 09-22-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Had a good in counter with a bull and cow this morning both walked away while I was counting points but went in after them and found some fresh piss holes but for the passed few days cow calling hasn’t been working I know for sure there around but would sure like if they started to respond to the calls o ya caught up to the bull he was grunting like crazy just couldn’t get a confirmation on the points and he seemed to not want to leave the cow gonna keep grinding hopefully it pays off ����������

It's starting, 6 days ago watched a bull dig and piss.

Had a tripalm moose come into a elk bugle on Saturday morning. Came right across the river and stood 15 yards away grunting for 4 minutes straight.

Yup the moose rut is starting. Just like every year on the last week of September.

If cow calls don’t work, fall back on the elk bugle... just as effective. Lol