Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATV Gun Boot

ATV Gun Boot

Any recommendations for a ATV Gun Boot mount packages? I’m riding a Honda Rubicon 500 with a rear seat/storage box mounted to the rear rack. Ideally wanting something to mount to the side foot rest peg bar or the rear mounting rack. Also wondering if yours is mounted within the inside of your foot rest or outside of the foot rest. Pros and cons?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ATV Gun Boot

I prefer to hang mine off of my sling in front of me.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I have this one it bolts on my rear rack and fits beside my trunk

https://www.amazon.ca/Kolpin-20096-K.../dp/B0050EB00A
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

I have a kolpin stronghold gunboot you can have for free if you like. Location Langley. It will mount to ur Honda

Hmmm also have a Honda 500
    also have a large storage container/ daybox on the back rack.
    By far and away best system is
    kolpin stronghold autolatch universal mount.period.
    Kolpin stronghold gun boot xl.transport.comes with soft zipper case that's removeable from hard case.
    This system allows hard case to be removed with push of latch.instant.
    It does not wobble.
    I mount the system on right side mounted to the rear rack on the outside of daybox with barrel down in the right wheel well facing forward.
    I step off the quad step to the back behind the quad one strap remove rifle while hidden by atv and daybox.
    Over the years 2..3 different models..this is the best imo.
    Kolpin has a video of it in action.
    Cheers
    Srupp
    Last edited by srupp; 09-19-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm also have a Honda 500
    also have a large storage container/ daybox on the back rack.
    By far and away best system is
    kolpin stronghold autolatch universal mount.period.
    Kolpin stronghold gun boot xl.transport.comes with soft zipper case that's removeable from hard case.
    This system allows hard case to be removed with push of latch.instant.
    It does not wobble.
    I mount the system on right side mounted to the rear rack on the outside of daybox with barrel down in the right wheel well facing forward.
    I step off the quad step to the back behind the quad one strap remove rifle while hidden by atv and daybox.
    Over the years 2..3 different models..this is the best imo.
    Kolpin has a video of it in action.
    Cheers
    Srupp
    X2 on the Stronghold. After several years with the Gunboot IV I switched to the Stronghold this year. Stronger mount, less wobble, one strap opening. It’s a keeper.

You make a gun box and mount it in front for easy access. Leave the rifle unloaded. Thanks to Kolpin I went a couple of winters of moose and potatoes without the moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    You make a gun box and mount it in front for easy access. Leave the rifle unloaded. Thanks to Kolpin I went a couple of winters of moose and potatoes without the moose.
    Not a fan of dust, grit, mud on my rifle on my scope. That is precisely why I buy a solid case..keeps dust from destroying the action barrel etc.the inside liner and comes out as a soft case with zip bonus.
    Open the hard case bring the zip out with rifle into tt or home or tent.the spring type latch is instant strong and goof proof.
    I lead with tge front of my quad..the rifle is not a bumper, bull bar or tree deflector I store a wooden box with chainsaw, extra fuel for chansaw, extra atv fuel..some chain oil.
    Much better, much better places for rifles..is it instant access..no..but the rifle is safe from whatever shit I go through, accessable with one latch...100 % pleased with Kolpin case, latch, position, and its service so far..
    Havnt lost any animals so far..
    Srupp

Anyone travel on an atv with there pack on and the rifle strapped to there Kifaru Gun Bearer? As stated before. I have a free Kolpin stronghold gun boot with all attachment's if your willing to pickup in Langley. Offers open to anyone.
    Last edited by Aaron600; 09-20-2019 at 05:29 AM.

I’ve got one of the Kolpin gun boots, the hardware it came with is junk. The bolts failed and sent the case flying on an FSR once lol no issues since but am usually to paranoid to use it now.