Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rangefinders for mountain hunting???

Re: Rangefinders for mountain hunting???

My first rangefinder was a Bushnell Ranging 600 it still works just lent it to friends to use for their hunt.

My next was a Bushnell ARC 1300 yard rangefinder it was stolen soon after I purchased it.

I now use a Swarovski Laser Guide 1600 8x30 rangefinder paid $500 used for it then found another one my brother scored it for $500 as well.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Had a couple bushnell 850’s and they we’re lucky to range 500yards on a good day. Buddies had Leupold 800’s and they too had lots of troubles beyond 500. Picked up a Leica 1200 and all I can say is wow...ranges to 1200 and fast. Highly recommend Leica.
    Live to Hunt...

Well, I have one of the old Bushnells, and I can tell you this, it was big, somewhat clunky to haul around, but it "worked"!!
    It could read out to 900 yards, no problem!!
    But like anything, when new technology comes out, they tend to "build it with better components"!
    Later, as they try to make things smaller. lighter and "cheaper" is when they don't perform like before.
    Yes, you get the fancy incline features etc, and that's great.
    They are small and compact now, also a bonus.
    But I already noticed that this new Nikon I have does have a harder time "picking stuff out" to measure from.

One other thing, I like the range finders with higher "magnification", like 6x over 5x etc.
    I think the higher priced, big brands like Leica will always perform better than Nikons/Bushnell, but how much can you afford??