Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk about poop...

Let’s talk about poop...

No, not animal droppings. Human droppings. I hunt upland birds a lot with two dogs, and the number of times I have to haul the female off some losers enviro-dump is beyond effing belief! I’m thinking it’s 98% other hunters in the spots I’m in, and it’s revolting. If you have to take a crap in the woods, do us all a favor and bury it, or at the absolute minimum, put a rock on top of it!

Thanks for taking the 30 seconds to read this and for picking up that rock next time you’re caught short...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Let’s talk about poop...

Sounds like a busy spot...
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Sounds like a busy spot...
    This is at multiple different spots in regions 2, 3, 8 and 4 and I’ve seen it go on for years. I will walk roads with the dogs for grouse, and it’s pretty much every time we go out. If it were one spot/area or infrequent, I wouldn’t have brought it up.

When I was a teenager my brother took a dump near a logging truck he was working on. After he went back to work his husky/wolf went over and rolled in it. Lol

Sounds like you have bad luck too
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Maybe its bear just eating people food? Does that work lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Hunter View Post
    Maybe its bear just eating people food? Does that work lol
    And using TP too?

I don’t think it’s about luck. People, just bury your shat!

Last time i hung off the back of the truck, there was a 6 ft spray, i may have to call in a dump truck load of rocks next time I do agree, we live in Jordan River and all the tourists think it is an open washroom squatting area, but that is probably because Island Wanderer called JR a shithole for drunks and welly bums...
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    No, not animal droppings. Human droppings. I hunt upland birds a lot with two dogs, and the number of times I have to haul the female off some losers enviro-dump is beyond effing belief! I’m thinking it’s 98% other hunters in the spots I’m in, and it’s revolting. If you have to take a crap in the woods, do us all a favor and bury it, or at the absolute minimum, put a rock on top of it!

Thanks for taking the 30 seconds to read this and for picking up that rock next time you’re caught short...
    Just curious if you pick up your dogs poops when you're in the woods bird hunting?

I get your point though - there is something dirty about human poops and paper left to decompose. I will honestly keep your request in mind the next time I file my taxes in the woods and will be sure to better cover or conceal them. I agree - nobody needs to see or step in that shite. Mind you, if you're hunting where people stop to poops, you might want to try another less welcoming rest area.
    Last edited by Rieber; 09-19-2019 at 08:36 AM.

I never bury mine but its always covered with rocks, logs, moss or whatever is handy. Taught my son to do this as well. Nothing like enjoying the wilderness and seeing someones "site"

Totally agree!! Put a log on your log!