Thread: blackwater rd from Quesnel

blackwater rd from Quesnel

Hey all,

Haven't posted in a while. Life and children taking up time. I'm sure many have been there. Decided to put in a draw for this year and get back into the groove after realizing I was missing a big part of me aka hunting. Lucked out and drew a Moose LEH for 7-10. We are planning on hanging around Punchaw lake in my wall tent and wondered if the Blackwater road was good from Quesnel up into that area?

I have come from PG before but since I'm coming from 70 mile area I would like to cut off the drive. Once I'm on dirt I'm hunting!!

Any updated info on access or fires or logging would be beneficial but not needed.

Thanks all!!!

Good luck to you all this season!!!
    I didnt even know I knew how to ninja roll...but its my new move in a pinch....

but if anyone could point me in the right direction for dirty hookers, it would be much appreciated. And possibly a lawyer

2. Site Sponsor

Re: blackwater rd from Quesnel

The rd is good, maybe give blackwater spruce ranch a call, they are just on the 5-13 side and have nice cabins there, dale is a good friend and a great guy. Saves you from packing a tent and you have a barn to hang your meat in and the deer hunting on the ranch is good.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Burger says.....".....Once I'm on dirt I'm hunting!!"... Don't be too quick with that thought process in this case, at least not for your moose draw..... The Blackwater Road from Quesnel is in good shape....But, most of it is in 5-13 until well after you pass Pantage Lake and make the right fork at the junction with Batnuni Lake FSR. Even then you still have several km's to go before you get into your zone 7-10. Good luck on your draw tho', there are definitely moose in that area.

Pm.sent
    cheers
    srupp

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

blackwater road is good, 2wd access all the way to Punchaw lake! 7-10 starts at around 34 km on the blackwater, You will shoot a moose off of Punchaw lake shore. Bring a boat and call!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Thanks guys for all the responses and to the great convo with you yesterday Srupp!! Looking forward to this years hunt!!
    I didnt even know I knew how to ninja roll...but its my new move in a pinch....

but if anyone could point me in the right direction for dirty hookers, it would be much appreciated. And possibly a lawyer