Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Caribou Trip

2020 Caribou Trip!! Taxidermy Pic Added

Hey Guys

I'm Back again busy planning another adventure after my Goat hunt in 2018 hoping a Grizzly Doesn't take my Meat this time !!!.

https://youtu.be/tu9dOOyVMB0 Here the Link to my last Amazing Trip.

We are planning to Fly out of Dease Lake with Yukon air. Location is pretty well planned somewhere around Kawdy Plateau still have to fully decide on the exact lake but just waiting for some feedback from a group that's still in hunting.

Wondering do you guys bring in any sort of Pack Raft looks like there is all sorts of small rivers and creeks coming from the lakes.

Thanks any tips and tricks greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Astepanuk; 12-13-2021 at 04:07 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2020 Caribou Trip

I had a good hunt in that area last year and we brought a little inflatable boat which was super handy. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

Went that direction last year as well, took in one of the Cabelas inflatable Mariner 4, worked well to get around the lake, wasn't fun paddling through some of the wind but we got it done.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Thanks for the Input guys, Another quick Question is Yukon Air the only Float charter out of Dease Lake??

Quote Originally Posted by Astepanuk View Post
    Thanks for the Input guys, Another quick Question is Yukon Air the only Float charter out of Dease Lake??
    Believe that's still the case yes.

I have an Alpackaraft and it is friggin' awesome. 13 pounds, 1000 pound capacity. Comfortably paddled by 1 or 2 people.

Downside is the cost but the importer in Chilliwack doesn't add anything to the website price so it is the same exact cost whether you buy it in Colorado or Chilliwack.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I have an Alpackaraft and it is friggin' awesome. 13 pounds, 1000 pound capacity. Comfortably paddled by 1 or 2 people.

Downside is the cost but the importer in Chilliwack doesn't add anything to the website price so it is the same exact cost whether you buy it in Colorado or Chilliwack.

Thanks I’ll look into them. There is a pretty decent looking set up at cabelas right now 3 person raft pump and paddles only down side is it’s 70lbs.

Thanks for the Help Guys appreciate the willingness to help a fellow hunter out.

Our Float Plane is booked leaving Dease Lake August 28-Sept 5.

Cant wait to Explore that beautiful country again!!!

I also have an alpaka raft - great for hauling heavy meat load especially if you have two guys with a tow-rope front & back and can walk the shoreline. Got an entire bull moose back to camp that way a few years back, single load, head & rack and quarters bone-in. It's a nice way to go

SB

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Belly View Post
    I also have an alpaka raft - great for hauling heavy meat load especially if you have two guys with a tow-rope front & back and can walk the shoreline. Got an entire bull moose back to camp that way a few years back, single load, head & rack and quarters bone-in. It's a nice way to go

SB
    Very cool thanks for the reply.